“Nice -clean- great location”

The Blakely New York
Ranked #130 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 11 April 2012

My wife and I just stayed at The Blakeley on 55th street on Easter weekend. Its really a great little place. Friendly well trained staff. Clean rooms. Nice ammentities and a great location. Really couldnt ask for more.

Room Tip: We had a suite on the 8th floor.It has a nice layout -bathroom at one end bedroom on the other and...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank windows1187
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We stayed for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. The hotel was well located for our needs and a subway stop is nearby. It is a comfortable walk to Central Park. We stayed in a king suite which had a Keurig coffee maker and shower with a "rain-head." The only drawback was that our room faced the street and even though we were on the 10th floor we could still hear street noise. It wasn't a deal breaker, we were in NYC and expected it. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Quite a pleasant, clean and comfortable hotel, after all, all we did was sleep there and make coffee in the morning. Helpful staff at front desk.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I'm not an obsessive compulsive individual; however I do expect a few things to be done when I stay at a hotel. I had the gut feeling that the coffee cups weren't being washed, so I decided to put a dab of toothpaste on the bottom of the cup. They were also used. Needless to say, when we came back to the room after it was cleaned, I looked at the bottom of the cups, and the toothpaste was still there. My daughter and I were grossed out because all we could think of was how often do they do that? I called down to the manager and explained what I did. He was apologetic and offered to bring up clean cups. He also offered to clean the room more thoroughly the next day. I told him I just wanted to make sure the cups were put in the dishwasher or at least washed with soap and hot water. They didn't take the dirty cups when they dropped off the supposedly clean cups. We make coffee, and the next morning I expected to see just two clean cups left. The cleaning staff once again left the two cups with the dab of toothpaste in the room and placed them as if they had been cleaned along with the other two cups they had brought up. Again, I called the manager. He basically blew me off. I will not stay at this hotel again. What else are they pretending to clean?

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
27  Thank Moreland5
Reviewed 31 March 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 6 nights in March 2012. The hotel is perfectly located, friendly, accommodating, & nicely appointed. The rooms are large and well supplied, with very comfortable beds. Cleaning service is thorough and helpful. All inquiries were answered with a cheerful attitude. We paid $225 per night which includes a continental breakfast ($2 tip expected per person). We stayed on a lower floor because of complaints about the elevator and street noise. We had no view, but we were usually only in the room at night when getting ready for bed. I have previously stayed on the upper West side for less, but the savings in taxi and subway fares makes up for some of the cost of the room. I would not hesitate to stay again. Only two drawbacks: the free breakfast was only average and the wifi internet is spotty and painfully slow. As for breakfast, I walked to the Westway diner (9th & 44th) about 1/2 mile away on two mornings and had an excellent NYC diner experience for $7.

Room Tip: Lower floor due to slow elevator.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business