Spending 4 nights in this hotel at beginning of round the world trip. Found the location unbeatable and price good. Staff have all been very helpful ie. blown light bulb replaced immediately and more coffee capsules arrived speedily so would recommend this small hotel. Other reviewers have commented about the lifts/elevators. In January this has been no problem, so no long waits. Others have mentioned breakfast which, I would agree, could do with a little improvement. It would be nice to have healthier choice cereals for example and a wider choice of fruit. The staff there have been fine, no rudeness but we did find the tip voucher a little strange.
My only criticism of the place is that it does look a little tired and dark. The whole decor needs subtle lifting, both the lobby and rooms. Ours was a good size, as was the bathroom so good comfort feeling here but I did want to take the decor by the scruff of its neck! It deserves it ....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In heart of Midtown Manhattan Central Park West, steps way from Times Square and 5th Avenue Shops. A 4 Diamond Property, voted one of top hotels by US News 2014, Zagat Best Hotel 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, lastminute.com.au and Wotif.com so you can book your The Blakely New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Blakely New York Hotel New York City
- Blakely Hotel New York City
- Blakely New York City
- Blakely New York Hotel