All reviews upper east side bemelmans bar elevator operator elevator attendants central park tower room new york madison ave hardwood floors iconic hotel elevator service home away from home luxury hotel living room four seasons higher floor few blocks
Reviewed 20 September 2017

I live in NYC and arranged for my family visiting from out of the country to stay at the Carlyle. I booked and paid for the room online and followed up with a call indicating that they would need an extra bed brought in for their young daughter. That evening my family arrived and they did not have the extra bed. I called the hotel and they wouldn't send a bed to the room without extra payment, and said they were not permitted to take payment over the phone. They refused to send the extra bed to the room (and it was past 11 pm). It was unbelievable. I have never had such poor service, and would have thought that i was at a holiday inn rather than a luxury hotel. I would not choose to stay or arrange anyone else to stay at this hotel again. Terrible.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank monicakarora
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Monicakarora,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. While we wish you had a better experience, it is feedback like this that we learn from and use to improve. We work hard to deliver an exceptional guest experience, and it's apparent in this case that we fell short. If you give us a chance to earn back your trust, we can assure you that we will do our best to give you the great hotel experience that so many of our guests have grown so fond of. If you would like to share more feedback about your stay, please don't hesitate to reach out to us directly at TheCarlyle@Roswoodhotels.com. We would be happy to hear from you. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 amazing days at the hotel. We received amazing service, probably the best we have ever had. The morning buffet was truly amazing and everything was plentiful and delicious. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite on arrival for free.
I cannot wait to go there again soon. It is worth every penny.
The toiletries were Kiehl's and included a facial moisturiser and lip balm which were full sizes. I am very pleasantly surprised and can't wait to go there again.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear Nora D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your phenomenal review with us as well as fellow travelers! We are delighted to know that everything from your interactions with our staff, to the breakfast offerings each morning, exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to have you and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have stayed in the hotel in June 2017. My feelings are mixed about this hotel. On the one hand it takes you back in the old times because it has kept its character -i.e. in each elevator there is a doorman who is dressed with black suite and white gloves and is taking you to the floor, the jazz bar is just amazing like the old times. The rooms are old, the floor the doors and the drawers are very old. It is a basic old bedroom. On the other hand the service is excellent. I must admit that the personell made me feel very comfortable even when i asked them to take me to a nwer room. The newer room was not really renovated but better than the previous one. If i remember correctly there is no gym. I wouldnt stay there again but i would definetly go again to the jazz bar and the
restaurant. The food in the restaurant is really good,. Also breakfast is really amazing, If you like spacious and modern rooms dont stay there. P.S. The location is in a nice neighbarhood of New York just two blocks from central park.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank WorldtravelerCyprus
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear WorldtravelerCyprus,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us as well as fellow travelers! We are delighted to know that you thoroughly enjoyed the service you received as well as your time at the Carlyle Restaurant and in Cafe Carlyle. Additionally, we are so glad that our location was well-suited to your needs! Your feedback is very helpful to us and we apologize that your accommodations did not meet expectations. It is feedback like this that we utilize to improve. To your note about the gym, that is located on our 3rd Floor in the Sisley-Paris Spa and open to hotel guests 24 hours a day. We will be certain that our Front Desk team is more clearly communicating that to guests. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back for a better experience in the future. If not for a stay, we do hope you will join us again at the Cafe. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I was surprised as to how large our room was. The lobby and entrance were beautiful. Staff were all very friendly. Good location on the upper east side. Close to the park and great shopping close by. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2017

Dear Vancity9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us as well as fellow travelers! We're so pleased to know that you enjoyed your time at The Carlyle so thoroughly and that our location was well-suited to your needs. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future. Wishing you all the best!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stay at the Carlyle when ever we visit NY. This hotel has got old world charm! Lift operators, a very tiny cosy lobby, nice gym, friendly staff, a spa, the famous Cafe Carlyle and Bemelmans bar.
Cosy and comfortable rooms. Located One block from Central Park on the corner of Madison and 76th on the upper east side. A very nice part of NYC!

We love this place :)

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled on business
Massimiliano P, General Manager at The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Dear whosane9,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to welcome you back! We look forward to the opportunity to see you again on your next visit to the city. Wishing you a lovely fall season!