“Good location. Hotels grows on you”

The Iroquois New York
Ranked #41 of 467 Hotels in New York City
London
“Good location. Hotels grows on you”
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We arrived at the hotel at one in the morning after a flight from Europe and are first impressions were of just how brown and unboutique like the hotel was. We had a std room which was small but once you got past the brownness of it, which I think automatically makes it look shabby, was very clean, we'll laid out and with a very comfortable bed.
We were ther three nights and by the end, the room we found the room ok. The big selling points for us were the location, which couldn't be better plus free wifi and that it was clean and quiet. We were with a couple in a superior room that seemed less brown probably because it was bigger and therefore less overpowering. Fair value for money, although might stay next door at the Sofitel if I got a good deal when we go back.
Staff very friendly and helpful

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank aMid-aSmi
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor I'm sorry you had an unenjoyable experience at check in, with our brown tone and while you were staying with us but I'm pleased that we were able to grow on you with our hospitality and make you comfortable for the remainder of your stay. I hope we can welcome you back on a future trip.

Assistant Front Desk Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lake George, New York
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Perfect location for a quiet night's sleep in the city~ but close to great shopping and activity~!
(42nd Street is a block away~)
Thanks to Leonore for recommending her favorite store - Barami~
Cant wait to return~

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking your time and sharing your comments on the Trip Advisor community, it's a great tool to hear our guest's feedback. I am glad to hear you had an enjoyable experience at our hotel, and I will definitely let our restaurant hostess Leonora know that you took her advice as well! We hope to see you soon!

Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 19 September 2012

This hotel is all about the location. For a first time visitor to NYC it is amazingly close to about everything. We barely used public transport during our stay. Walking and a few taxi trips solved about all of the transportation.

The rooms are nicely appointed with a really comfortable bead, and a clean large bathroom. It is not overly large, but not small either. I would describe it as a good standard but not extraordinary.

Staff was both great and a bit of a miss. The concierge and the bell boys went above and beyond in helping us and really did a great job. I would recommend talking to them about restaurants, air port transfer, shopping etc. Though the fornt desk staff was more of a miss. They felt clueless in several requests and gave contradictory answers and did not feel that professional or knowledgable.

During our stay both the restaurant and the bar was being refurbished, something we were not notified of beforehand. And the breakfast was instead a box collected at the front desk consisting of yoghurt, a croissant and a banana. It was sufficient, but perhaps not something I would expect from a hotel such as this.

In summary, it is perfectly located and provides a good nights sleep. But it did not provide me with that feeling of a place that goes above and beyond, though the bell boys certainly do!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank erhel
I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us and enjoying the experience you had. I am pleased to hear our bellman and concierge were able to assist you on your city inquiries throughout your stay. I would like to apologize on both half of the restaurant for being closed and not notifying you ahead time. And for the front desk not being to provide adequate service. With that being said I would like to inform you that our restaurant and bar have now reopened, and I am confident that our front desk will be able to provide you with service up to your standards and beyond. We hope to welcome you back again in the future!

Florida
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Nice size rooms, clean, very friendly staff, HOWEVER ... two of the four nights we were there, the A/C didn't work. When I reported it to the front desk, they just said "Yes, we knew it was out". Ummm, what? They said it would be fixed the next night, but the next night was just as hot. When we checked out and again reported the problem, she said "Did you alert the front desk" to which we said yes. And that was it, no mention of a discount, no apologies! I am disappointed because I really wanted to love this place, but unfortunately, even despite the great location, I will not be staying here again. No one likes to sweat while they sleep!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank teachskool
IroquoisFrontDesk, Front Office Manager at The Iroquois New York, responded to this review, 19 September 2012
Thank you for sharing your review, although I’m disappointed to hear of the issues you experienced with your air conditioning. I apologize that you experienced any discomfort at all, and while I’m perplexed by the situation, I can assure you that under any circumstance where we are aware of an issue with our HVAC units we will certainly accommodate our guests in a more comfortable room or resolve the issue. It seems there was a lapse in communication on our part and I hope you can accept my apologies for your discomfort. While I am unable to change what occurred your insight does offer me the information to prevent such occurrences from happening in the future, and if we do have the pleasure of welcoming you back, please contact me directly to personalize a future trip for you.

Kelli Phillips
Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I recently stayed at the Iroquois and couldn't have been more pleased. The service was great, the rooms were very nice and very clean. Location is great. The restaurant (Triomphe) was superb. I would HIGHLY recommend staying here for anyone visiting NY.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kevn B
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Iroquois, I'm pleased you found our property comfortable and convenient. I am pleased to hear that you had a delightful experience at our restaurant Triomphe, it will be my upmost pleasure to pass on the compliments to them . We hope to welcome you back on a future trip!