4,020 results
All reviewsupper west sidecentral parkfamily suitenew yorkmuseum of natural historytwo blocksgreat neighborhoodshared bathroomhardwood floorslincoln centeraround the cornerstreet noisetimes squarehudson rivermini fridgesubway stationflat screen tv
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here when my husband was supposed to be having a medical procedure (which was cancelled last minute). The location is terrific. But the room felt dusty and dated. The elevator was noisy. And it just wasn’t as posh as it makes itself sound.

1  Thank Travellingrrl
bre s, Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Travellingrrl,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am thrilled the location was perfect for you! I apologize for the noise of the elevator and the dusty feel. We are working collectively as a unit with our engineering department to look into those issues. We would love to have you back so that you may experience the posh sensation of our property. If you would like to further discuss any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

The hotel was about a 10 min drive from Times Square (without traffic). Upon check-in, the hotel appeared to be in good condition and the room was well cleaned and neat. Unfortunately, our two night stay here was a nightmare at night. We were woken up just about EVERY HOUR by the loudest noise come from our radiator. At 4 am I called down to the front desk and which he came up and turned the radiator off supposedly but the noise kept coming back! The next morning we stopped by the front desk to explain our concerns and they said their engineer would stop by in which he did. However, he ultimately told us it was nothing he could do and we would have to suffer through. By the time of our check-out, we were ecstatic to leave. We got no apologies or anything for our terrible stay. Will not recommend and will never stay here again!

2  Thank MizzBev
BelleclaireGM, Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2018

Thank you for your note. I am sorry for the radiator issue and for not apologizing at time of checkout. We often receive great feedback regarding our customer service and I am disappointed to hear we did not apologize. Please contact me when you have an opportunity to further discuss your stay.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Our 3rd stay in this area. Stayed twice at the NYLO across the road. That is a very modern hotel so we opted for a bit more character at the Belleclaire. I have to say the reception staff were first class but the hotel itself is a bit tired. It’s very clean and surprisingly did not have coffee or tea making facilities in the room.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BelleclaireGM, Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2018

Thank you Tony. We are looking into different furniture for our rooms. We do have a great coffee partner in our lobby called Mille Feuille opened daily from 6:30am-1pm. We look forward to your return visit to the Belleclaire.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I was warned not to expect too much from a new york hotel in this price range, the rooms will be small and noisy, therefore I will not moan too much. Our standard room was very small but clean, the staff were friendly and helpful, the location was perfect. Now for the moan, I hardly slept the whole time we were here, the noise from the heating system kept me awake for hours. I am writing this at 6am following another sleepness night. The noise is like trying to sleep on the subway. Overall I was a little disappointed with this hotel and don't believe it would be a 4* anywhere else in the world. New York however is a fantastic place.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael C
BelleclaireGM, Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Good afternoon Michael,

I am very sorry to read your review and wanted to apologize for the inconvenience. I would like the opportunity to discuss your stay with you if you have an opportunity please contact me at rholmes@hotelbelleclaire.com. I can assure you this is an isolated incident and we look forward to another opportunity to have you as a guest at the Belleclaire.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

The front desk was professional and nice, the room was clean. The first room was tiny with no closet but my second room was perfect and the gentleman at the front desk helped me with that and he was wonderful. The room was hot until I figured out how to change it but then it was fine. I like how you get a little fridge and the location is perfect. Subway is two blocks away the drugstore is across the street. There is even a little pizza, pasta, bakery that is open all night a block away. The bed was comfortable and the pillows were fabulous. I hate pillows that hurt your neck. I will stay there again

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
BelleclaireGM, Front Office Manager at Hotel Belleclaire, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Susan C,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay. it is great that you enjoyed the location of the hotel and explored some local places. Also, thank you for a kind mention about hotel staff. We are sorry to hear that you didn't like our pillows. Please visit us again soon and thank you for choosing the Hotel Belleclaire for your recent visit to NYC.

The Hotel Belleclaire