“It is a good thing it isn't called sleep”
Review of Night Times Square

Night Times Square
Ranked #334 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 25 February 2012

This started out as a nice hotel. The room was small be clean. The lobby was stylish. The staff were friendly. Then I went to sleep. But by 12:30 I was fully awake again. The music from the bar downstairs was so loud that not only could I hear every word to every song perfectly, but the base was such that the bed vibrated. It was even so loud that I could not hear the TV. I was warned it might be noisy upon my arrival, not that the room would be unusable. When I spoke to the manager they said that the best they could do was change rooms, but that the bar chose to run its business that way and there was nothing they could do about it. The party goes on until 3 in the morning. Bloody miserable and not at all what I had in mind.

Room Tip: I am told the higher rooms are higher, but requesting a quiet room won't get you one.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank 28MKB
Daniel F, Manager at Night Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Hello 28MKB,
We appreciate that you took the time to post your review, Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered, In the heart of time square and in the city that never sleeps our goal is to make sure you do sleep well and have an enjoyable experience. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future, please contact me directly next time you come to NYC, I would be more than happy to assist you with arranging a return stay.

There are newer reviews for Night Times Square

Reviewed 24 February 2012

This is one of the most unusual hotels ive stayed in and i mean this in a positive sense. The rooms are not large (but thats what you expect in NYC) each with its unique character. decor is interesting and funky. Bathroom was a good size with an open shower. Did not eat there as there is plent of options around. THe location is just spot on if you are into your shows, shopping and tourits attractions. Near a number of subway stations and bus rooms. Staff are friendly and obliging. Would recommend it!

Room Tip: rooms are small so advise you have a look if you can get upgraded to larger ones
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple

Hello Denis M,
We are thrilled that you loved your experience at Stay. We thank you for your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to New York City.

Reviewed 24 February 2012

Very nice to stay to Time Square. We walked a lot to the different places. Do you want to take a sightseeing buss there is just around the corner. Lot of breakfast-places 1-2 minutes away if you don't eat at the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in 6th floor and that was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Hello Bmpaulsen,
Thank you very much for your review, we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed our central location as we are in the heart of time square within walking distance to many famous NYC attractions. We are pleased that you enjoyed your time in residence and we do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 February 2012

I'm not one to write a bad review due to all the reviews from fellow travelers on TripAdvisor. But, I do want to leave my experience with this Hotel. First, I've lived in NYC and I visit 4 times a year. I found this hotel online as a special offer they were having on a weekend in February. It was my birthday so I decided to purchase. The Good Experience: Nice lobby, very hip and close to theatre district, trains & Rockefeller Center. The Bad Experience: small rooms (demand a larger room, don't let them tell you this is Times Square and they don't have any larger rooms, they have larger rooms- you have to get into your NYC attitude unfortunately here.) lowsy customer service, room service (just needed ice for a drink, I was celebrating) and food left in hallway the entire weekend. I do not spend any time in my hotel room except for shower and sleep. The city is the best experience of any city in the world. There are many hotels in the city with good value and wonderful customer service. Stay away from "Stay" in NYC.

Room Tip: Demand a larger room and do not let them put you over their bar. Extremely loud and I love stay out...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

ehillard,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am extremely disappointed to hear of your experience. Reviews on our service have been overwhelmingly positive and I am troubled to hear that your experience was not a good one. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you encountered, In an effort to provide you with an experience that is memorable for the right reasons, I would like to invite you back to Stay. Please contact me directly, so that I can personally assist with your arrangements. I know that sincere words of apology cannot make up for your disappointing visit. However, I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Had a 5 night break at The Stay Hotel. This hotel is literally 50 yards from Times Square. Clean and comfortable, really comfy beds. Towels and beds changed daily. Staff are most helpful, would definitely stay here again, no compalints at all. Don't waste money on bigger and more expensive hotels, everything you want is at this fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor, you will not hear a thing from Times Square.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

LizPontardulais,
Thank you for the super review, We are pleased that you had a pleasant stay and can’t wait to welcome you back.