“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!”
Review of Pod 51 Hotel

Pod 51 Hotel
Ranked #230 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Brampton, Canada
“GO SOMEWHERE ELSE IF YOU CAN AFFORD IT!!!”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We were at this place for less than a week & were not too satisfied.
We' ve had trouble with our WiFi connection & called the Front Desk for help. The woman & the supposed evening man supervisor/manager had a TOTAL attitude. The woman was very unprofessional and very unknowledgeable about her guest approach. Not very welcoming either by phone or personal. Not very content dealing with her so I requested for the "manager" which I thought was going to murder me for assistance about the Wifi. Listen you two, working in service industry takes severe professionalism. Do not make us feel like we are BURDEN when we call for anything. Oh & by the way, thanks for just hanging up when we called beforehand to make sure our reservation went through. You are awesome! This department needs to be thoroughly looked at by the owner.
On the other hand, concierge & the luggage guy are friendly and accommodating & I don't have a single complain.
My room was kept immaculately clean by our housekeepers which I am happy about.
NOW THE QUESTION IS WOULD I GO BACK OR RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL TO ALL MY FRIENDS, FAMILY & CO WORKERS? NO, I NEVER WILL. I WOULD RATHER SPEND A LITTLE MORE FOR A BETTER SERVICE NEXT TIME I'M AROUND THE CITY.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brianfarden

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (516)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in the Pod Hotel for 8 days. There was always someone at the front desk and all the staff were all very nice and approachable. Our room was small but it was a good size to just sleep in, as most of the day was spent exploring the city. We had our own bathroom and it was cleaned everyday! There was a TV in the room that had a lot of channels and an alarm clock. Overall, it was good value and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Very modern hotel, I had a single with shared bathroom, this was not a problem as I never had to wait to use the toliets or showers. Rooms where small but I expected that. If you imaging a cabin on a cruise this storage under your bed & a place to hang your clothes. TV had looks of channels, an alarm clock with iPod docking station. Not too far from the tube station. But my only little criticism of this place (and maybe I was unluck as I had he neighbours from hell) is the walls are thin so you can hear everything next door & across the corridor. I would recommend this to my friends & would stay again.

Room Tip: Try get a room away from the elevators. Not need to book a private bathroom. The shared bathrooms ar...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Matthew B
Chevy Chase, Maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We went to New York for a long weekend this past week and stayed at The Pod Hotel with a reasonable rate. The rooms are very small, which we were prepared for, but we were not prepared for the level of noise when we were trying to sleep. Doors were banging all night and we could hear normal conversations and TVs in the rooms next to us. People also left their doors open and talked to each other across different rooms or in the corridor - I guess because the 'pods' are so small. It's a shame the walls are like paper in this place! We deliberately stayed out late the second night so we'd have less time in the room! We won't be going back.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kathleen G
Florence, MA
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I never thought I could enjoy a place where I had to share a bathroom ! Everyone in the hotel was very nice and very professional. We had the least expensive room with bunk beds. There were 4 bathrooms on the 6th floor where our room was located and 4 numbered lights above our door so that we could see which bathrooms were available and which were occupied. #4 was right across the hall from us and was available every time we needed it. The shower was really nice, a rainfall head above and two spray heads coming from the side. The bathroom was always clean. Slight problem with toilet leaking, I told front desk and they took care of it right away ! The room was small but it worked. Tv's and reading lights for each bunk with headphone jacks. Plenty of table top area for things. Sink with all our towels, bath mat and extra TP which we didn't need. Great location from Grand Central only 1 stop on the green line. I was really impressed and will stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends