“Never fails to impress me!”

Hotel Elysee by Library Hotel Collection
Ranked #10 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Every time I go to NYC, Hotel Elysee is always my choice of accommodation. It is a beautiful hotel that has the service and location one can ask for while staying in NYC. The first thing I notice are the front desk staff staff. They are extremely helpful and friendly.
The rooms in general are like serenity in a busy city. The best thing about the rooms are the mattresses and linens. They are probably the most comfortable bedding I have seen.
Having staying here for four times, it has not disappointed me.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Michelle915

Reviewed 23 April 2012

I booked this hotel because of the great reviews it had so I felt I needed to write one too. We had a junior suite on the top floor and it was great. It was very spacious and quiet with lots of windows. It was the bed and linens I loved the best besides the great front desk gentlemen. Casey at the front desk was always there to help us. Breakfast was nice but don't get there late because they do run out of things. The wine and cheese was lovely but wish they had it on sat and Sunday too. The elevator can be slow and the water pressure in the shower is poor but the building was built in 1920's so there isn't much they can do to fix those issues. The lack of a restaurant or room service is an issue for some people. I love a quiet room with a great bed and great staff so I will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get a junior suite on the top floor for a quiet rest in a noisy city.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear All,

I am very very pleased to tell you that you succeeded in providing us with the highest level of service and comfort.

I've been in very fancy-expensive (some times over rated) hotels and I believe that very few of them have understood what you have: we saw you as A TEAM with one goal: the costumer. We always felt important and were treated with the utmost courtesy, respect and efficiency.

We really had a wonderful time with you.

Best personal regards,

Ángel

Reviewed 23 April 2012

Just returned from a seven night stay at the Hotel Elysee in New York with my 80 year old mother. It was an absolute find - the size of the rooms was very impressive - and very quiet. The service was perfect - the rooms were serviced every day and the staff were very informative . All the thigs they say about good hotels - info on restaurant, finding hard to get theatre tickets - it was all here. And whilst there is a down side to staying mid town in terms of restaurant close by - with the price of taxis so low, a trip up to Soho for dinner most nights was not a problem. And the Hotel Elysee is in a perfect place to shop and in walking distance of The Modern - an eating delight. All in all a perfect place to stay

Room Tip: Ask for a room at th back for quietness
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is our fifth visit to the Hotel Elysee. As a born New Yorker living in England for the last three decades I don't relish staying in a hotel when I visit the city, but the Elysee has become a sort of home from home. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the rooms comfortable and clean, the lounge - open 24 hours a day with coffee and tea - a great amenity where I invite relatives to meet me and my husband can invite colleagues. The hotel won't 'wow' you, but after a day out in the city it's great to come back to somewhere quiet and intimate. Meeting colleagues one evening in the huge lobby at the Waldorf Astoria we really appreciated the calm and intimacy of the Hotel Elysee.

Room Tip: Even on the 9th floor we could hear early morning noise from 54th Street, not a problem for us but a...
1  Thank BPS2011