“excellent fajitas”
Review of Cafe Frida

Cafe Frida
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Frida is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,286 of 15,862 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 30 - USD 40
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Transit: Subway 1 to 79 st Subway 2, 3 to 72 st Subway C to 81st Bus M7
Description: The authenticity in our Mexican Regional Cuisine is a ritual of flavors, aromas, colors and textures dedicated to your soul. Our knowledge and passion for the tequila culture has been awarded by the Tequila Regulatory Council of Mexico since 2006, making us one of the few restaurants in the world of having such honor. Come and enjoy the warmth of Mexico!
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We had just finished riding bikes around Central Park when it started to rain. We didn't have an umbrella so we decided to duck into this restaurant and have lunch. I am so glad we did. We really had no idea what we were getting but it was delicious. The server was not overly friendly but he did his job. The best part was the food. I had the steak fajitas and my husband had the chicken fajitas. They were very good! The portion size was generous as well. The value was reasonable also. For two entrees, tax and tip, our bill came to right about $40.

Reviewed 22 August 2017

What can I tell you, I got to eat Chiles en Nogada, with all of the ingredients just like I had tasted it in Mexico. Service was very efficient and polite, all servers knew about the menu and were eager to advice and help.
Go with a big appetite and enjoy!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

In fairness, their food may be amazing but the service was RUDE! Basically wasn't acknowledged for 10+ minutes and when I asked to get a simple chicken taco for my daughter, in addition to my order, the server was very rude, told us he couldn't do that and she would have to get 5 - he told the gentleman not to give us water because we were leaving. I travel all over the world and my (extremely well behaved) children are rarely/never made to feel unwelcome, but this server was so snobby and rude I would never want to return!

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Arrived early and got seated immediately in a good spot. Ordered drinks guacamole and chips and relaxed right away. For dinner we ordered quesadillas and chile rellenos. Everything was very good and service was attentive and friendly. Nice spot on Columbus Avenue with no pretensions just good food and drink.

Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

Found this via other TripAdvisor reviews so thank you! Was everything that others have said about it. Booked via open table- and glad we did. Wonderful guacamole and trio of salsa. So many margaritas to choose from can't even begin to list here. Also had a corn soufflé- small, but perfect as a side dish- like a corn spoonbread. Other dishes that were good- fish tacos, fajitas. Really enjoyable- staff were great. Very service oriented. Worth a try for sure.