“Incredible Ribs!”

Southern Hospitality BBQ
Reserve with OpenTable
Southern Hospitality BBQ is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,025 of 14,820 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 14 - USD 25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: 45th Street
Transit: We are a few blocks away from Times Square and the Port Authority. The following subways lines stop nearby: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3 N, R, M, S
Description: SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY is an authentic Memphis-Style BBQ restaurant and bar. We boast some of the finest southern food found this side of the Mason Dixon Line. We feature traditional specialties including Dry Rubbed BBQ Ribs, Sweet and Sticky Baby Back Ribs, Crispy Southern Fried Chicken, Fried Pickles, and Mac & Cheese that you'll never forget. Our Southern fare is complimented by juicy corn fed Steaks, grilled jumbo Gulf Shrimp with Rosemary Grits, and lighter fare like our Watercress and Praline Salad, and Grilled Salmon with Black Eyed Peas. In addition to our fine cuisine, we offer a full line of draft beers, an extensive list of sipping tequilas, and over 50 of the Country's finest Bourbons. World renown wine expert, Gary Vaynerchuk, has hand selected an eclectic wine list that pairs beautifully with our diverse menu.
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

Visited SH during a recent trip to NYC and was absolutely not disappointed! Food was fantastic - I had the baby back ribs and my friend had the Kings Burger, both were awesome - our waitress Megan was friendly and helpful, and the cocktails were delicious! Would certainly come back here next time I’m in Manhattan!

Reviewed 18 February 2018

I would highly recommend this place for brunch. Be sure to make a reservation too because it's a busy one. Bottomless mimosas are offered here. I had the BBQ Hash and it was amazing. Even when I got full, I couldn't stop eating. The biscuits are made in-house and they are very soft and fluffy. They are complimented with a side of honey butter which was soft and melts right onto the biscuits. The service was amazing as well. EVERYONE looks out for one another which makes this restaurant awesome.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

I'm from the south and this restaurant did not serve southern food or southern hospitality. The whole experience was quite shameful and an insult to the south.

From start to finish.....the hostess "greeted" us with a resting witch face. Our waiter was so rude. He never once smiled or gave any kind of introduction. He seemed bothered by his job responsibility and any manager who would allow him to work with the public at a place named for hospitality is indeed no manager at all. He of course never asked how our food was.....maybe he didn't want to know?

My fried green tomatoes were chewy and rubbery. I have made this dish many times and rubber was never the outcome.....the mashed potatoes very pasty and tasteless....the bun on our bbq sandwich was dry rotted from the inside out....McDonald's had a more authentic sweet tea. The chicken fingers were good.

When I asked for a manager, a very serious, dull man came over to our table. His personality resembled our waiter's which explains why the waiter was still employed. He was not embarrassed or apologetic which he should have been both.

The bad items were removed from our check but the bad impression will forever remain.

Josh L, Guest Relations Manager at Southern Hospitality BBQ, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Hello, first off would like to apologize for the bad experience. We take customer satisfaction as our highest regard. As for the waiters and hostess there is not explanation that is totally unacceptable If you would like to give us another chance would like have a lunch or dinner on us please email me at nick@southernhospitalitybbq.com so I can send you a voucher and set up your would be next visit. Again I am sorry for the bad impression hopefully you will consider giving us another chance. Thank you for your feedback and will hope to hear from you.

Reviewed 31 January 2018

This restaurant really tries and succeeds in all areas! Their number one asset, is a bartender named Natasha! She exceeds all service standards!! The BBQ is very good, flavorful, beans and coleslaw, delish! The only improvement would be the Mac and Cheese. Excellent flavor profile, but, is baked in a cast iron skillet. This gives the dish a metallic background. The atmosphere, management, location, great! Have Bourbon, for your most Southern experience!!

2  Thank eventsbythirteen
Reviewed 30 January 2018

I had made reservations prior to coming to Southern Hospitality, we were seated promptly when we arrived. Very busy restaurant. We were seated at a table for two, very closely to another table. Our server was very efficient, but he did fail to come back to see how everything was. Had he come to check on us we would have told him that the cornbread that should have come with the chili was missing. By the time he came back it was too late. Foods was average. Hubs liked the chili, but would have liked to try the cornbread. I had the shrimp & grits, shrimp was cooked nicely, but too much red sauce. Prices are reasonable for NYC.