“Good food and portions”

Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Transit: 4,5,6, N & R trains to 59th/Lexington.
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Went here for our anniversary, the food was delicious and the portions were huge. I had the grilled chicken and it was tasty. The menu caters to Puerto Rican cuisine so you'll find a nice array of selections. The portions are massive, I had to bring some back home with me. The atmosphere is nice and the staff was friendly. Apparently, the restaurant turns into a club but we did not stay. The drinks were good as well and for the portions that you receive the prices are decent.

Reviewed 24 May 2016

After a receiving a high recommendation on this resatuarant at Riverbank State Park I decided to gather a few friends together for an impromptu birthday dinner. I tried reserving a table for 8 people online and recieved an email attachment for a prefixed menu and a request for credit card information instead. Since this was a simple dinner I emailed them back saying that we would be ordering directly from their regular menu and to please confirm the reservation; I received no response. I called them to ask how feasible would it be to be seated without a prefixe menu reservation and they assured me that it wouldn't be an issue at all. But when we got there the manager was completly unprofessional, rude and unacommodating; they refused to seat us together without a prefixed menu reservation, we had no choice but to be seated separately from each other at opposite ends of the restaurant. After being seated; quite a few tables emptied out and they set up three different tables for large groups who came in without a "reservation". What is more upsetting that they didnt offer us the option of moving to one of the tables and seemed to gloat about it. And then after waiting a very long time for our food; we discovered that their customer service wasn't the only thing that sucked at Sofritos. I can go on about several other details about our experience but I strongly suggest that you do NOT to waste your money on a restaurant that doesn't respect and value their customers.

Reviewed 13 May 2016

Good food, long waits on weekends. They play music in the evening gets busy.
Staff was nice good space.

Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Love love love the view which sits right on the Hudson in Riverside Park waiters were wonderful live band was absolutely amazing nice variety of music appetizers great Cuban sandwich was why I didn't give it full stars it was inedible none of our party at the Cuban sandwich everything else was wonderful I would go back again and just choose a different entree parking a little pricey to me but at least you are right at the door of the restaurant so that made it worth it nice place I definitely go again even if its just for drinks

Reviewed 24 December 2015

On Saturday night my family of six went to Sofrito to celebrate my and my mother's birthdays. Our food was amazing. For appitizers we ordered chicharon de pollo, maduro relleno, empanadas de pollo and tostones montados. For dinner most of our party ordered steak and onions and I ordered Mofongo. The service was good. It was fun to have them sing us a salsa version of happy birthday. It was a fun night.

3  Thank Wanda C