All reviewsbrooklyn bridgetemple courtthe financial districtbeautiful hotelstory atriumwoolworth buildingtom colicchionew yorkfulton stlower manhattanwall streetworld tradeusb portsbar loungemodern amenitiesconcierge teamdowntown nyc
Reviewed 5 April 2018

I liked a lot about this hotel - quality of food, architecture, layout, comfortable beds.
Three things that for a 5 star hotel I found strange to experience.
1. No one told me I'll be having a room with construction going on right outside the window. Discovering it at 7 AM after a going to bed late and having plans to sleep was a huge disappointment. I get it - they cannot control the construction but they should've informed me of this variable and either offer me another quiet room or I would go to another hotel if none were available. I get it - business is business - but at a 5 star hotel I expect communications to be top notch. This was a huge turn off.
2. Inconsistent bartenders.
There was an amazing girl serving my drinks until she moved on somewhere and the replacement didn't pay attention to my requirements for a drink. I don't want to sound too picky but if I order dirty martini with gin and 3 olives, I don't think getting a plain, clear and watered drink with 2 olives instead is 5 star level.
3. Don't send the housekeeping crew to my room to check on my bar in the morning to see what was taken. Seriously? Just add it to my bill later and if I need anything I know how to call for it.

On a positive side:
The food at the restaurants was excellent and the level of service outstanding. I loved the bed and overall level of comfort the room was providing was very nice.

Will I be back? Probably not but I do recommend this place to anyone who likes to stay at places with a touch of history to them.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Sasha_White_NY,

I want to thank you for your honest feedback. I am so happy you enjoyed our restaurants and found our rooms to be comfortable (especially the bed). I do apologize for the inconsistency at The Bar Room and have shared your feedback with our food and beverage team. We pride ourselves in 5 star service and hope to be able to welcome you back again in the future so you may have a flawless stay.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I decided to treat myself for my birthday and wanted to spend the night in Manhattan. This hotel was amazing! Beautiful property with a gorgeous atrium. The staff is amazing and rooms are comfortable. There are amenities everywhere! Keep in mind that this is a luxury hotel, but they offer package deals with upgrades and food credits and if you have an AMEX platinum you can get the FHR benefits.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear joemess,

Thank you so much for your amazing review! I am so happy you chose to celebrate your birthday with us and hope you had a marvelous day. We have amazing packages and awesome perks for our FHR guests (as you may know). We cannot wait to welcome you back again in the future and hope you make a birthday celebration a tradition with us.

Reviewed 5 April 2018

It's a beautiful building that has been lovingly restored. The rooms we booked were beautifully appointed with high-end furnishings, great linens, and lovely bathrooms with nice lighting. A wonderful touch were the in-wall USB charging ports.
The staff were the highlight, always greeted and they remembered us from our first day

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Liz N

Dear Liz N,

Thank you for your 5-star review! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our restoration and friendly service. We will be sure to share your kind words with our team! We look forward to your next stay with us in the future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Just returned from a 4 night stay at this downtown gem and it gets my highest rating. It's a beautiful, old downtown property that has been lovingly restored, modernized yet it retains its original elegance. We asked for a quiet room and were placed in a lovely interior room where we never heard another soul. The room itself is beautifully appointed with high-end furnishings, great linens, and a lovely bathroom with nice lighting. A wonderful touch were the in-wall USB charging ports. I used the gym and found it really nicely equipped and I especially loved riding the Peleton bikes (the front desk even has spin shoes). Even better than all of the above was the service. First, shout outs to the concierge staff, especially Fransizka, George, and Jason. Their recommendations were just wonderful--they are great listeners and really responsive and I got the feeling they go out of their way to help and satisfy all guests who ask for assistance. My husband and I were always greeted with a smile from the doormen, valets, and front desk staff. When my husband asked the front desk where he could go to quietly take a conference call, they promptly set him up in a meeting room. Very lovely touch! The housekeepers even left us nice notes every day thanking us for the tips, and we appreciated receiving the NY Times every morning. The Beekman is downtown and I recommend an suggest embracing the location -- so quiet and a very interesting location...a stone's throw from the Brooklyn Bridge, Ground Zero Museum, near some great little restaurants, and a short block to ALL of New York's subway lines. We're really looking forward to our next stay at the Beekman -- can't wait to return.

Room Tip: The quietest rooms face the interior.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
BKM_RobAndrews, General Manager at The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear loristein54,

I am so happy you had such a lovely stay with us. I want to thank you for your amazing review and your kind words to Fransizka, George, Jason, the front desk team and housekeeping team. It makes me so happy to know that all of our team members made you feel warm and welcome throughout your stay with us. We pride ourselves in service and you experienced this first hand. We all cannot wait to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Loved the hotel, property, fabulous library bar, great location, and exceptional service. Our room was lovely, extremely comfortable, large, modern bathroom and all amenities. The service and attention from the hotel staff was exceptional. Every detail was noticed, doorman and staff attentive upon entrance to hotel every time, room service delivery on time, complimentary boots shined overnight and ready for the morning, daily housekeeping remembered every request each day, and any and all other requests were handled with pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear lauriefb123,

Thank you so much for your outstanding review! I am so happy you enjoyed our very popular bar (as you may already know) with our stunning view of the atrium. Our rooms are quite comfortable, and I must say our rain showers are very popular. We pride ourselves in service and making all of our hotel guests are happy as you. We hope to welcome you back again in the future.