“Yikes”

Ranked #28 of 447 Quick Bites in New York City
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We visited the location near Rockefeller, and I don't even know where to begin with how bad our experience was here.

My group of friends were looking for a place to eat after getting our tickets for the Top Of The Rock, and I had heard of this place by YouTubers, bloggers, etc. I'm not a vegan, but I AM a huge lover of mac n' cheese, & I heard this mac was to die for, so of course I had to go.

It wasn't crowded, which we took as a good sign (boy were we wrong).
We get in there & I knew right away what I wanted to order. The girl up front stopped me & said she was busy and she would get to me in a few minutes. What was she doing that occupied her time that she couldn't take an order right then and there?

Placing letters on a plaque...no joke. She did this to all 3 members of our group. But I'm not an overly impatient person, so I overlooked this.

We all ordered the mac n' cheese, and we were all equally disappointed in it. I knew it wouldn't taste EXACTLY like cheese, but I've had vegan mac n' cheese before that tasted more cheese-y than this, and this was a wreck considering how much I payed for it. It was rubbery, way too sweet, the "bacon" mushrooms tasted how the NYC sewers smelled, & I was only able to take down two bites before I had to call it quits.

I came here with high hopes, & I left being teased for choosing the worst restaurant to eat at.

Maybe this is a place that's really good if you're into vegan food? I don't know, but I won't be returning & I won't be recommending.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank Curlicue06

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Quick and easy to order.
Delicious and filling to taste.
Who would have thought this vegan burger would taste so lovely and be served in a cool restaurant. Tick tick tick

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 1 April 2018

Good spot to grap something on-the-go.

We stopped for lunch and ate a vegetarian burger. 10-15$ for a burger, no need to tip (restaurant fast food type).

Place was crowded, lot of people waiting to grab a table.

Service was fast, food was OK.

Quantity-Quality-Price: fairly OK

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 26 March 2018

My 5 days in New York as a tourist was focused around finding the best vegan food. This was my favorite! We shared burgers, Mac and cheese, salads and cakes. I couldn’t get enough. Mmmmmmm!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

This place is great for a quick bite to eat when you’re exploring the city! Fantastic veggie food, we ordered the guacamole burger and my boyfriend, who loves his meat, said he loved it also!! You have to order at the till which is fine, but I think if it was table service it would make this place feel a bit more classy, love the food though! X

Date of visit: March 2018