“Worst pizza I’ve ever eaten. ”
Review of Margherita NYCe

Margherita NYCe
Ranked #987 of 14,730 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 13 - USD 45
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I should have know better. We were staying on edge of Little Italy and in a rush. The night before we had had the most amazing Malaysian food next door. (Nyonya)

We were starving and in a hurry to catch our train. So I had my suspicious by the location and underwhelming name. But, the menus looked cool and I heard Italian accents so maybe! We order a margherita pizza. It was one they make with buffalo mozzarella. We get the pie very quickly. I took one bite and the entire crust but for the very edge was soaking wet with moisture. I refused to eat anymore. The soggy texture was similar to my 5.th grace school cafeteria pizza. I told the waitress I’m going to pay but this pizza was awful. Soaking wet. Her response: “that’s how it is with that pizza. The cheese has more moisture.” I told her I know some cheese has more moisture but you can still make a non soaking wet crust. I turned it over and it was rubbery and glistening. The manager comes by. I tell him the same thing. He says “that’s how it is. More moisture.” I told him it sucked. He offered to make another one and I said we had to go. I paid for the pizza. I didn’t like his excuses and what a shame such a pizza being served in nyc.

Reviewed 13 March 2018

This place was in front of our hotel, so we decided to try it. We took one pizza margherita and one plate of pasta. The pizza was very good, we will be back...

Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

With 70s and 80s tunes playing in the background, this casual place is a GREAT stop for pizza. The family running it dashed around speaking in Italian, my server was friendly and attentive. Wine list isn’t long by Montelpucciano was ok, tap water good and plentiful. I had the buffalo mozzarella pizza woh arugula, San marzano tomatoes, and prosciutto — really yummy and the crust had an incredible texture. A little speedy for pizza and wine but not too terrible for nyc. I would recommend.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Looked like a cool busy place so thought I would check it out for an authentic pizza. Lady who served me was friendly but the pizza was completely burned on the base and it’s all I could taste. I could even smell burning. No discount offered, which surprised me, I mentioned it twice but they didn’t seem to appreciate the fact they served me burnt food, they just started treating me badly!

Reviewed 2 January 2018

High prices for such average pizza, far away from a good Italian one. The service is so impolite almost rude I would say and they charge you 18% for their poor service. Really disappointed. I would not recommend it at all.