“Muy bien!”

Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Cuisines: Colombian, Latin, South American
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 9 August 2017

This was my first time actually eating in the restaurant. We usually order these late at night for room service when we visit NY. Even better inside because we had good service and nothing's better than piping hot food. We ordered a variety of tasty empanadas. Some table favorites were - Viagara, Cheeseburger, Jerk N Cheese, and for dessert the USA. Don't forget to order a side of plaintain chips with green salsa and chimichurri sauce.

Reviewed 13 September 2016

Wonderful little spot with fantastic food. They will make, fresh and hot, any number of empanadas with various fillings, in several different types of shells. We had spicy, mild, savory, and sweet on our trips there. It is small, so huddle up and enjoy meeting new folks.

Reviewed 16 February 2016

Enjoyed delicious ham & cheese empanada, guacamole, plantain chips, and a mango shake. Tiny restaurant and the single restroom was unavailable for repair (not fun for a pregnant gal). Otherwise, very much enjoyed our lunch.

Reviewed 10 February 2016

If you are in NYC and you don't get a take out from here, you really are missing something !!! This place is amazing - the best empanada's I have ever had. Their selection is huge - from the more traditional to ones with more of a modern twist, to deserts - you cannot fail to find something that you will like.

Be prepared to wait though - the queues are often long. My top tip - head over the road to McCoys Pub, order yourself a drink, as for the menu for Empanada Mama, browse it at your leisure, call your order in, then simply head over the road and pick it up 15 minutes later !! The pub doesn't serve any of it's own food but they are more than happy for you to take your take out back to the pub to eat and continue drinking !!

I could happily have eaten from this place every single day of my trip to NYC.....

Reviewed 30 January 2016

We love this place. It's a tiny "hole in the wall" restaurant near the theater district. Of all the restaurants in Manhattan, this is the one we always go to when we are visiting. This is a tiny restaurant with only about 6 tables and a counter. It is always busy and is open 24 hours. They won't seat you unless your entire party is there. But they are polite and nice when explaining this. It's worth the wait. Since I am gluten free, I order the corn empanadas. The spicy chicken and cheese and broccoli are awesome. The plantain chips are the best I have ever tasted. My son eats the regular empanadas and always brings home extras for the lunch the next day. We were very saddened to hear about the fire and are hoping it will be up and reopened by the time we visit again. In the meantime, I understand they have another location on the LES and we wish the owners and staff all our best hopes for the future.