“Impeccable meal but wine pairing disappointing ”
Review of Momofuku Ko

Momofuku Ko
Reserve with OpenTable
Momofuku Ko is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #371 of 14,292 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 125 - USD 195
Cuisines: American, Asian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: East Village
Reviewed 15 February 2017 via mobile

What a taste explosion! Absolutely one of the best degustation meals in the city. Every bite was a flavour explosion.
Unfortunately the premium wine pairing was disappointing. Sure I love grand cru champagne and it's nice to see a somm unafraid to pair it with food but after the 5th glass of champagne it was becoming rather funny. I may as well have ordered a bottle of champers to have with dinner. That said it's still a great restaurant but I would probably give the drinks pairing a miss.

Reviewed 13 February 2017 via mobile

Ko to this day remains to be the favorite among much competition. It is a unique two Michelin star gem that will impress you from your first sip to your last bite. The hospitality makes you feel at home and the bar seating let's you witness the beauty of culinary art as you watch all the chefs put forward their best work to give you the best they can offer. Don't miss out on the drink pairing either, their Somm, Chase Sinzer is awesome, talented and will make your experience complete. I usually go to upper rated Michelin star restaurants only once because their are to many to try and only so much time to get to them all but I find myself itching to go back to Ko.

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Earning 2 Michelin Stars is an amazing achievement of excellence. So it's not surprising that the 18 course tasting menu at David Changs world famous New York restaurant, momofuku ko, was one of the top dinners I've ever had!

Each small course was separately served and the service took 2.5 hours. And it was pure multi sensory entertainment: a smorgasbord of flavours, textures and smells; watching the chefs work was like being at a Broadway play. They were so skilled but also friendly and talkative and happy to chit chat while the worked.

And the attentiveness of the service staff was wonderful. Wonderful cocktails passionately served by a very knowledgeable sommelier.

I really recommend taking a spot at the counter overlooking the kitchen .... watching the chefs work only heightens the dining experience.

My only disappointment was that David Chang was not at the restaurant that night so i couldn't get a selfie!

1  Thank Toffael
Reviewed 14 January 2017

The first thing that hits you when you enter Momofuku Ko is the intimacy. The restaurant has only two tables. The remainder of the seating is counter seating with the chefs preparing your food in front of you. Not only was the food delicious but it was entertaining to see how the food was prepared. I asked for the vegetarian tasting menu and the selections were creative, beautiful and exquisite.
The service was a 10+. Every aspect of the service from the front door to the chefs to the sommelier to the manager was perfect.
My only negative was that the deserts tended toward the savoury. I prefer sweet deserts. My husband was delighted as he prefers savoury.
We have been to most of the Michelin 3 star restaurants in Manhattan and although this restaurant has 2 stars, it is one of our favourites.

2  Thank Michael0Michelle
Reviewed 7 January 2017

Last-minute NYE trip to NYC...we couldn't book a table anywhere 'good', but we read that you could bag a seat at the bar for the 5- or 6-course tasting menu at Ko if you turned up at 6pm. We were a few minutes late, but ended up being the only ones at the bar, wowed by amazing food, an incredible drinks pairing and the good company of our very capable and affable bartender.
We were totally blown away by each course. Having almost left before starting because I'm not keen on seafood, I decided to be brave: this is two-Michelin-starred food, after all...it HAD to be good. And it was. I am so glad I didn't make us leave. It was one of our favourite evenings out, ever.
They very kindly even managed to find us a couple of seats at the counter for NYE, but we were unfortunately unable to take advantage of this good luck. But we will be back, next time we are in NY.
Bravo, Ko. And thank you so much for an unforgettable evening.