“Great Breakfast”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: Between 19th and 20th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R, Q & L trains to Union Square/14th Street.
Description: It's always a party at Big Daddy's! Big tasty burgers, frosty shakes and totally awesome tater tots! We are a casual, fun, cool, hip, groovy, super delicious place to get a meal or a cocktail that is always sure to hit the spot. Open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late night munchies! It's always cool and hip with Big Daddy's!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Went here for a hearty breakfast whilst staying in NYC and were not disappointed. A great portion of pancakes with chocolate chip cookie dough and a breakfast bun as well. Highly recommended. Very friendly staff too. Thank you.

Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We're so glad you loved the chocolate chip cookie dough pancakes! We'll be sure to pass along the praise to our staff too! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s again soon!

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

This is a popular place with the locals.
Well cooked full American breakfast with great coffee and pancakes.
Perfect end to our New York break. Thanks

Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi - Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that service was on point. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s again soon!

Reviewed 13 March 2018

I have noticed that the people who love this place are not from New York. I know that I wanted to love this place because of the fun theme but after 3 tries, I am officially giving up.

First was the waiting…oh the WAITING. We waited so long for the hostess to show up, then we waited to be seated, then we waited for the server to take our order and then we waited for the food. The waiting time for every little thing was absurd. Maybe if the service or food was better than the waiting would have been worth it but oh my goodness, I think I aged in this place.

Second was the flavorless and bland food. I had the Brady Bunch special (chicken and waffles) and the chicken had absolutely nothing to it. They took the chicken and simply fried it. I asked for extra syrup (because they gave me little cup) and they told me it would be $2.00 extra. OMG!!! Forget it. I just wanted this experience to be over and done with already.

Pros:
Kids will love this place
Milkshakes are fantastic
Breakfast all day
Open super late on Fridays and Saturdays
They have high chairs for the kids and a changing table in the bathroom for the little ones.

Cons:
Tasteless food.
Terrible service. I got the snooty vibe as well.
Long waiting times for every part of your dining experience.

Conclusion:
No wonder their upper east side location closed. I won’t be surprised when this one closes as well. The search continues for fun places to take the little one to eat that is not pizza.

Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Hi - Thank you for your review. We have messaged you on Yelp, but for any other feedback, please email us at social@brandedrestaurants.com

Reviewed 10 March 2018

I picked this diner for breakfast because I love diners in the US. So far I haven't found too many good diners in Lower Manhattan, but this was close to my hotel and seemed to have good reviews.

I was convinced as soon as I entered. Though my weakness is for 60s diners, who can resist the charm of an 80s diner?! With images and artefacts from my childhood hanging on every wall, I was hooked. The service was great - it took its time but our waiter was cool and friendly. He highly recommended the tater tots, so of course we ordered two kinds, along with eggs and toasts, and a plate of pancakes to share.

Everything tasted great, and we really enjoyed the chilled out experience. I am now a fan for life and will definitely return on my next trip to NYC.

Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2018

Hi Somaya - Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We'll be sure to pass along the praise to our staff and we're glad you enjoyed your tots, eggs, and pancakes! We're so happy to hear that you're now a fan for life! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s again the next time you're in the Big Apple!

Reviewed 28 February 2018

We loved this place! Family of 3 - 1 teenager, we had been walking a lot and saw the diner sign from the outside. Came in to rest up and eat and it was a great find to stumble across. Lots of choices, loads of fund signs and plenty to keep chatting about as we waited. We would definitely go back if we were in the area again!

Julie Z, Guest Relations Manager at Big Daddy's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Thank you for the great comments! We always love to hear what our customers are thinking. We're glad your family decided to come on it! Thanks again and we look forward to serving you at Big Daddy’s again soon!