Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 276
USD 240
CandlewoodSuites
  • Fitness centre
Warwick New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 390
USD 288
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 380/night.

Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 216
  • Fitness centre
Hotel Beacon(New York City)
USD 456
USD 297
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 384/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 230
  • Room Service
Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 278
USD 249
Novotel
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 290/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 187
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 238/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 266
USD 156
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 203/night.

Cassa Hotel 45th Street New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 412
USD 296
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 364
USD 308
Priceline
  • Pool
1,601 results
All reviewsyogurtcontinental breakfastnew yorkone bedroom suiteess a bagelrockefeller centercentral parksofa bedtimes squarestreet noisefree wififridge and microwavesmall kitchenetteliving areabusiness centermini barwaldorf astoria
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Very happy with my stay at this hotel. Large room with super comfortable bed with lots and lots of pillows. Sheets and pillows were new/fresh. Large desk with many outlets. Small (but standard small for NYC) bathroom that was clean. Microwave in room was a nice touch. Fridge, coffee maker, robes all made it very comfortable for long trip. Loved small but well equipped fitness center which is rare in NYC. Terrific location and fabulous customer service. Had to check out early and in a rush and they did not charge me for last night. Once in the plane, I realized I left clothes on back of bathroom door, but manager quickly delivered it to coworker who was still at hotel. Very appreciative of staff’s accommodations.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

I’m a woman who spent a 7 night stay at the San Carlos Hotel with my 3 family members. We decided to pick this hotel due to the good reviews and location of the hotel and the Free WiFi and gym room was a plus.

I had booked a hotel room with two bedrooms , a kitchen , and bathroom. When we checked in and went up to our room we quickly discovered that it was a one bedroom hotel room with a queen size bed and a sofa. When I stated this to the staff they offered to give us a suite as it was apparently the only other room available. We agreed on paying the extra $240 until the staff member told us that he had made a mistake and it was actually $480 so we quickly declined and they agreed to make the sofa bed immediately instead. We had to wait an hour for the house keepers to make the bed.

The television channels cut off after watching 10-12 minutes of the same programme. The Free WiFi was extremely slow and did not allow me to use it on apps such as safari and Facebook on my Iphone. I was on the 7th floor and was expecting city noise but the windows always seemed to sound open and they let in a big draft.

The toilets blocked very easily with more than 3-4 sheets of toilet paper. The shower drain didn’t work well at all and the shower/bath filled up to my ankles while using the shower. The Free shampoos/conditioners/ mouthwashes etc were half full and not sealed which gave an impression that they were previously used.

Many light bulbs did not work and the mirrors in the bathrooms seemed to be old as they were scratched and marked severely. The housekeepers came in to our hotel room at 8:30 on the first 2 mornings after just one knock on the door and when they seen me awake and my family asleep they quickly said sorry and left.

The beds are comfortable yet very squeaky. We were given four key cards to the hotel room and the four worked up until day 3 when only one worked. On the last night I got a nose bleed and unnoticed got a small patch of blood on the bed , if I had noticed I would have reported it to the staff straight away. I went to dinner with my family and when returning back to the hotel none of the key cards were working. I went down to the lobby to consult the staff when they explained in a harsh manner that they deliberately locked us out of our room due to the small patch of blood I unintentionally and unnoticeably left on the bed. They then charged me $350 for the bed sheet and explained that if there was even a drop of blood on the mattress then an extra $1000 would have been charged to provide a new one. I was also told that the $75 that I was charged when I checked in for insurance Incase of any broken furniture would not be given back.

I had enjoyed the very welcoming , polite and helping staff who brought up conversation until I noticed the constant ask of my plans and how long I will be gone. My hotel room had been entered every time I left the building even when I kept the door sign of do not disturb on forgetfully. I know of this because of the constant change in movement of my objects.

I really did not enjoy my stay at this hotel and would definitely not recommend it to anyone , have never had such an uncomfortable experience in a place I have dearly paid for and will never be returning to this hotel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

The front desk staff was just OK and nothing special.Location is very good Rooms were nice, spacious and bed were comfortable, services is also very good, Only breakfast is very poor very limited stuff & most of the stuff is cold, disposable plates which for a 4 star hotel is not acceptable. Very much over prised. So all-in-all the stay was just an okay experience, but not what I expected based on other reviews,

Stayed: July 2017
2  Thank sokhigs
Janet M, Director of Sales at San Carlos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Sokhigs,
Thank you for selecting the San Carlos Hotel for your July visit to NYC, and for your comments. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your accommodation, the bedding and our central location.
I am however, sorry to read you were disappointed with the complimentary continental breakfast. We have since discontinued this amenity and have negotiated an exclusive hotel guest rate at the adjoining Spice Symphony restaurant.
I regret you did not find the front desk staff to be exceptional, as that is what we strive for, as indicated in many of our complimentary reviews. We will certainly address this with the appropriate manager.
We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet your expectations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can assure your next visit will more to your liking.
Kind regards,
Janet M

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I was so excited to stay here with my family of 2 adults and 2 small kids after all the glowing reviews I read on here. Unfortunately it didn’t live up to the praise everyone else gave it on here. Upon check in, the staff was polite and reserved but I wouldn’t call them warm or welcoming. Unfortunately we didn’t encounter Quron or Bobby until we checked out and like everyone else said, they WERE fabulous even just in the 5 minutes of interaction we had with them. They were very friendly, Bobby held the door for us (no one else had done that when we lugged our luggage in), and they appropriately joked with our kids. The other drawback was when I booked this several month ago, all the reviews and hotel’s descriptions on the travel sites touted “free continental breakfast”. Apparently this is no longer true and now they only offer “American style” breakfast at $10/pp or the upgraded version at the attached Spice Restaurant for $15pp. (Probably because all the TripAdvisor idiots complained about it.) Not a horrible price, but we hadn’t budgeted for breakfast for our stay, so we ended up just getting breakfast supplies at the nearby Walgreens and using the kitchenette in our room. We had a junior suite with a queen bed and a pull out sofa. The bed was comfortable enough but the kids complained the pull out was uncomfortable, but I guess that’s to be expected. There is no ice machine, so you have to have them bring it to you if you want ice...but then you feel obligated to tip each time. I will say, when we had asked for ice and extra blankets, the service was extremely fast, so that was a plus. It was also pretty quiet at night which was nice. As everyone else pointed out, the location was great and I doubt you’d find a cheaper hotel with this great of a location. In all, we may or may not stay there again. I guess it depends on what you’re looking for.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank April F
Janet M, Director of Sales at San Carlos Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear April F,
Thank you for your review and for selecting the San Carlos Hotel for your recent stay in NY. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your suite and the amenities, as well as the location of the hotel. I'm glad you made good use of the in room refrigerator, that also includes an ice compartment.
I do regret that you were not aware the continental breakfast had been discontinued. Unfortunately, according to TripAdvisor policy, we are unable to remove the older guest comments, however, all hotel descriptions regarding breakfast had been completely deleted from our website, as well as the online sites since August/2017 . The rate we negotiated with Spice Symphony is exclusive to our hotel guests and are quite discounted.
We pride ourselves on our customer service and have always received glowing reviews on our staff members. Please be assured this matter has been discussed with the appropriate department manager, and will be reviewed by our staff.
April, we do hope you will consider the San Carlos Hotel for your future visits to NYC. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can assure your next stay will be perfect.
Kind regards,
Janet M
Director of Sales

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Nice hotel. The location of the hotel puts you in mid-town close to St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, and similar locations. The staff was friendly and helpful. There were multiple nice locations to eat nearby. The room was clean. The only negative thing I can comment on was that the beds were uncomfortable.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family