“Good service, location, value”
Review of Roger Smith Hotel

Roger Smith Hotel
Ranked #112 of 469 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 14 March 2012

As I did not know this hotel, it was not my first option for a 4 night stay in NY but I was very happy with what I found and would stay there again.

The staff are extremely friendly and courteous. Rooms are clean and spacious (I had a walk-in closet - never before in NYC), although I think some on the higher floors have been ugraded\renovated.

The radiator in the room was making some noise on the first night - I was immediately moved to another room and given a breakfast voucher for the incovenience. I found this pretty to be pretty impressive.

The price\value point is excellent and I think tough to beat in Manhattan.

Room Tip: Higher floor, not on Lexington (more quiet).
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 8 March 2012

The Roger Smith Hotel was completely surprising. Every floor and every room is different. It all looks like an ecelectic grandma was living in the building right before you checked in and she was really into art from all over the world. I mean that in a good way. I loved the charisma of this hotel that comes from the historical charm of keeping the original USPS system in the hotel and the original bath drains that you open up outside the tub!
The rooms are quite spacious for NYC and the free wifi is excellent!
I really enjoyed this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank TheRealKatieWest
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had booked a one bedroom suite which was a bit tired looking but nice and spacious. Staff were very friendly, except there was no-one to help us in with bags when we arrived. Wifi was very patchy. Quiet for NY with windows on two sides. Restaurant only served breakfast but there were some delis nearby.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

The Roger Smith Hotel, once again, provided us with outstanding service during our 4 day visit this week. I've stayed there a number of times over the last year and I find it increasingly difficult to leave. The staff at the front desk and in the lobby is always ready to great you with a friendly hello and a smile. Our room was perfect - nicely decorated with plenty of space and a very comfortable bed. The housekeeping staff does a great job keeping the rooms exceptionally clean. The location couldn't be better and the beautiful art on exhibit in the hotel each time we visit is a wonderful bonus.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 February 2012

This hotel is so wonderful that I almost hate to write a favorable review and turn other NYC travelers onto it. The desk clerk was warm and helpful, the parking attendant speedy, and the two room suite we shared was perfect. The bedroom reminded me of staying in a friend's guest room, 4 poster bed, dresser with pretty lamps and tasteful curtains The bed was comfy and since we own a B&B in Vermont we know about what makes a bed comfy!

We were able to walk to and from the theater, feeling safe the whole way. Breakfast was prompt and good and the waiters full of good NYC tips. The tres cute popup jewelry store attached to the hotel was a real find as well. All in all, this was a perfect hotel, in a perfect location.

Room Tip: Ask for one of their junior suites.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family