“Great Hotel”

Ranked #248 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Ottawa, Canada
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

Stayed here in June 2011...very nice hotel. The rooms are small but it's equipped with everything you need. It was clean and modern and the staff was excellent. It was right in the heart of everything!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Everhale
Chotel321, Front Office Manager at Night Theater District, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Dear Everhale,

I am glad that you enjoyed your time at Night Hotel.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the style of our hotel and friendly staff.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next reservation.

Front Office Supervisor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
baltimore
Reviewed 23 February 2012

Fabulous location in NYC, professional and friendly staff, clean rooms, quiet (if on upper floor)...BUT my credit card was charged the full amt THE DAY AFTER I made the reservation (not on check-out). Wha?? My advice: read the very fine print. No refunds once you make the reservation. Thank goodness there were no weather problems. The hotel has very dim lighting -- to the point of being unsafe. And the rooms are so dark, it was difficult to put on makeup in the bathroom. Also, on my visit to the bar/restaurant on the first floor for a late dinner, I was required to present my credit card BEFORE my food was ordered. And they kept the credit card the entire time! Wha?? I'm a seasoned traveler US and abroad, and I've never experienced this level of weirdness or paranoia. I will have to think long and hard before going back.

Room Tip: Loud music on main floor; if you need quiet ask for an upper floor room.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank C G
Dear C G,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on your experience at Night.

I am glad that you enjoyed our central location, friendly staff and overall cleanliness of our hotel. Hopefully you were able to take full advantage of your stay with us.

I would like to clarify that the reservation you booked was a non refundable reservation which, once booked, confirms full prepayment upon booking. In order to avoid this for your next trip, feel free to contact me at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your reservation.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed (as part of our honeymoon) in this wonderful hotel which is perfectly located about 30 seconds from Time Square (to the left) and 6th Avenue (to the right). From start to finish all of the staff (especially Patrick Donnelly) were welcoming, helpful and accommodating. The hotel itself is modern, contemporary (call it what you will) but the height of black and white gothic New York cool.

There are numerous eateries, deli's and bars for breakfast, lunch and dinner if you want to venture outside although given its sensational location the hotel was perfectly quiet; and this alongside the super comfortable bed and pillows and an awesome power shower made for a relaxing time when inside the hotel/ the room.

As for all tourist trap sites (which we loved) such as Rockerfellar Centre, Central Park, Fifth Avenue, Grand Central Station, Empire state (and Magnolia Bakery!) etc all were within reasonable walking distance.

In summary, this hotel was perfect for us in terms of style, location and everything else and we cannot recommend highly enough that you stay here!

Room Tip: Room 61 on 6th floor was to the rear of the hotel and quiet as..it had a superb plasma tv, ipod doc...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Michael-Rachel
Dear Michael-Rachel,

Thank you for choosing Night for your honeymoon trip and for your wonderful review!

It was a pleasure reading that our entire team, in particular Patrick, were helpful and accommodating. I have praised them all for your kind comments.

I am glad to hear that you were able to benefit from our central location to visit all the tourist sites that NYC has to offer and then come back to our comfortable rooms.

I hope you will contact me personally at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com so I may assist you with your next reservation.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reviewed 21 February 2012

I would have given this hotel 4 stars if the rooms were bigger and really, it should be given a 3.5 as is. By contrast, though I have not written about the NY Hilton, I would rate them only 3.5 as well being that I'm not a fan of the big chain hotels and having stayed at the NY Hilton many times. But while not the Ritz or Four Seasons, this hotel is great for the traveling salesperson looking for reliable wi-fi, a big screen tv, a clean decently appointed room (though small but average for NYC) all with a bit of flair. The staff were terrific, the chicken club sandwich from room service the best in the world - and I mean - I'd stay there again just for that sandwich. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a family with small children but for teenagers and older, it would be fine. It is definitely good for someone who is in town for business but does not need to entertain in his hotel's lobby or business center. It's too boutique for that.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank wanjarinho
Dear wanjarinho,

Thank you for your review!

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and the overall level of service and cleanliness at Night. I have passed on your compliments of the Night Lounge to our chef for his delicious chicken sandwich!

Please let me know when you are planning on returning to NYC so I may assist you with your booking. You may contact me directly at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at the Night Hotel on Friday, February 10th to celebrate Valentine's Day a little early with my boyfriend. From the second we checked in, the staff at the hotel was super friendly and accommodating. Because I mentioned that I was celebrating Valentine's Day, the very nice gentleman at the front desk (I unfortunately did not catch his name) offered me two complimentary drink vouchers to use in the hotel's lounge. That was a nice touch that was much appreciated.

The room itself, while small (as most rooms in NYC at this price range are), was very clean and chic. The bed was extremely comfortable. The hotel also provides wine glasses and a corkscrew in the room, which came in handy that night.

After seeing a show, my boyfriend and I returned to the hotel's lounge to use our drink vouchers. While we didn't make it back in time to try the mac and cheese before the kitchen closed, the drinks we had were delicious.

The next morning check out went smoothly, and the gentleman at the front desk I mentioned earlier remembered which show I said I was going to see the night before and chatted with me about it, which I think speaks to friendly dispositions of the hotel's staff.

Overall, I had an excellent stay, and I'd certainly stay at the Night Hotel for another staycation.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth S
Dear Elizabeth S,

Thank you for your review on Night Hotel!

I'm glad that your "staycation" was well spent with us and that you got to enjoy your early Valentine's celebration. Sounds like you had a great time and I'm happy that you were able to see a Broadway show!

Please feel free to contact me personally at mwahnish@nighthotelny.com the next time you decide to return to NYC.