2,092 results
All reviews times square great location new york family room bunk beds premium room bathroom floor rooms are small around the corner the theater district coffee machine big apple few blocks central park tryp nyc broadway
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here in November 17. The room we were given was a little small, and the hotel was a bit noisy. It was really cold outside when we were there and the heater in our room didn't work, when we told reception they gave us another blanket and assured us it would be fixed. It never was! The next night had to ask again and had the same response also had to get another blanket as housekeeping had taken the first one. Thankfully we were only here for three nights. The safe in our room was broken too, which reception didn't seem worried about at all, so had to cart all our valuable around with us. All in all a great location but poor hotel.

Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Steven B
Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights staff were pleasant we arrived to our room it was a bit on small side but manageable only problem was the room would get incredibly warm at night but this was sorted by the cooler in the room overall I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Ronny D
YANNEK T, Manager at The Gallivant Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2018

Dear Ronny,

Thank you for your kind review! We are delighted that you had a good stay at our property. Our Team Members are one of our biggest assets; they are all professional, friendly, and eager to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay. It is such a pleasure when we can share positive comments such as yours with the team. Thank you again for staying with us, and we very much look forward to welcoming you back to Gallivant Times Square.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Wouldn’t recommend this hotel at all, if I could give it a minus two I would. Location is in the middle of everything that’s the only thing that makes it attractive.

What was bad. Rooms are too small and it’s way overpriced I’d rather spend the extra 100-300 dollars for a different hotel, air conditioning had a horrible smell coming from it, staff were not helpful from the second we walked in the building, girl behind the desk had a horrible smug look on her face and wasn’t approachable (charged extra fees when checking in and they just said it was taxes, no other explanation), cleaners shouting at each other in the hallway at 8am. It’s located right beside a fire station so unless you like the sound of sirens at 4am don’t book here because the noise of them is horrendous!!

Lifts are tiny and they stop on every single floor!! Could be better walking if you didn’t have big bags with you.

All in all I wouldn’t recommend anyone to stay here bad experience that you don’t need when it’s your first time in New York!!

Date of stay: April 2018
2  Thank Luke K
YANNEK T, Manager at The Gallivant Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Dear Luke,

We're disappointed that your time with us was less than ideal. Your experience is not on par with the level of service we're accustomed to providing. We regret that we didn't meet your expectations. Your happiness and satisfaction are important to us so we'll be addressing your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you give us another opportunity to demonstrate the high-caliber service we're capable of sharing with our guests.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

I was dreading my stay here because of all the bad reviews but from my experience I honestly don’t know what all the fuss was about!

A cheap and cheerful hotel that’s been recently refurbished. The room was bigger than I expected after reading previous customer feedback. Ours had a great TV (which worked fine!) and coffee machine in-room, Wi-Fi, a nice modern bathroom with hot shower and everything was clean. The maid service came in every day and replaced towels, made the bed and emptied the bins.

What really sells this place is the location. You’re literally a street away from Times Square and I think that’s worth every penny.

Let’s be honest, you’re not really going to NYC to spend the whole time in your hotel room - if you are then perhaps look for an alternative place to stay. The Gallivant is a great location to set up base camp for the week or however long you’re staying.

Of course it could have been better in places but I would recommend to anyone travelling to New York on a budget.

Date of stay: February 2018
3  Thank Carly H

Dear Carly,

We really appreciate your very nice review and comments about our hotel! It sounds like you had a very nice time, and got to enjoy all that our hotel and New York City had to offer! Thank you so much for staying with us, and we look forward to taking care of you during your next stay!

Ben Elie,

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

They say they have free wifi, but they will charge you for wifi, use of the gym and free water (that you never recieve). The hotel doesn't mention this, we found out when they charged our credit card.

So the hotel has a good location. How ever the hotel is outdated. Our shower was broken, resulting in water all over the floor. The bed was broken. The elevators rarely worked and when they did they took forever.

I really wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Date of stay: March 2018
1  Thank Rebekka P

Dear Rebekka,

We regret to hear that you were caught off guard by some of the fees associated with your booking. It's unfortunate you didn't notice the fees previously. In no way do we intend on hiding it from our guests as the information is readily available on our website, along with all third party booking platforms. We'll be sure to pass this along to the appropriate members of our team for future improvement.

Thanks again for sharing your feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences and we intend on using your concerns to do just that.