All reviews rooftop bar katz's deli purple bar floor lobby russ daughters ludlow street freedom tower new york tenement museum bars and restaurants non guests hotel guests nyc skyline floor to ceiling windows cool hotel hotel bar great lobby
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

If you really want to enjoy business and pleasure , this is the place to be. Quick access to LaGuardia, fantastic rooftop to entertain a customer (killer view) or just unwind after a day of work. This place is an unknown gem with all the restaurants and bars around. Even though I am not a hipster...nor a milleniums I really enjoyed this place and highly recommend it, especially if you are an IHG long time customer. Try it, I am sure you will be back like I will!! I shared views from my room...captivating

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Daniel F, Manager at Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Sydneypoo,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES! We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is the absolute best place to stay in New York City. Located in one of the last authentic Manhattan neighborhoods, it’s truly a small town feel in a huge city. I’ve stayed here since they opened and unlike many hotels, they get better with age. From the amazing bell staff that remember your name every time you come to the reception team that always seems to get me the perfect view, to Suki Mei, who not only keeps the place spotless, but take a second to talk and really make you feel welcome. Truly the only place to stay in New York.

Room Tip: Upper floors are quiet and have the best view. If you want to splurge, get the penthouse. The best room and view in all of NYC.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Daniel F, Manager at Hotel Indigo Lower East Side New York, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear mikorb,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES!

We can't wait to host you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I was in NYC for a conference during the hottest days of summer (end of August). I chose the Indigo because it was close enough to the train I needed to catch to get to where I was going. The hotel was perfect. The room was comfortable and well-appointed. The walls were thick enough to block out hallway noise. The shower was clean. Breakfast was excellent. The gym was small and one of the treadmills was broken, but since I went at off-peak times I was not inconvenienced. The neighborhood was a big plus. There are enough food options in the neighborhood to keep you wishing you could stay longer. Excellent staff as well.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business

Dear IstanBucket,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Stayed here for 5 nights and had a great time! The staff was able to accommodate an early check in after taking a red eye from the west coast and the staff was friendly all around. Housekeeping staff was excellent (I was on the 6th floor, so give a shout out to whoever has that section) and the bed was perfectly tucked and all the details were well done. Comfy room with everything in perfect working condition and all the amenities I needed.

The highlight was the head concierge, Christian. This guy is awesome! I appreciate good service and suggestions and Christian has them both. He was even kind enough to give me a tour of the property, he deserves a lot of praise. Doormen and bell guys were also friendly throughout the stay and always present to help with guests and answer questions.

There is a bar on the 15th floor (I think) and that place gets really busy so keep that in mind. I opted for a room on a lower floor because I would imagine the floors by the bar would be pretty loud, but maybe not.

All in all a great stay and I will be bacl!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vilen G

Dear Vilen G,

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I can fully recommend this hotel. The rooms are spacious for NYC-standards and come with a fresh and modern design. The location is perfect to explore lower Manhattan. Mr. Purple is a nice place to grab a drink and is still visited by a lot of locals. We even got upgraded to the 11th floor and enjoyed the marvellous views. The pool is a nice add-on but there are not enough deckchairs available. Service at Mr. Purple and the Lobby was always very friendly. There are plenty of restaurants, bars and clubs around the hotel.

Negatives about the hotel: One day there were plenty of dust bunnies in our room after cleaning. We complained and were assured that someone will take care of this issue. We later arrived in our room, where the maid had done a turn down service, nevertheless had ignored the dust bunnies. Furthermore the bouncer and door girl of Mr. Purple were sometimes rude on the weekends when entering the hotel. They even accused us of having the wrong colored door badges. A better internal communication would definitly help sorting out these issues.

Regardless of the negatives, Indigo LES is a fun and comfortable hotel to stay and we are looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends

Dear phil_92schweiz,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel Indigo LES! We apologize for any inconvenience experienced during your duration with us. Cleanliness and being attentive to your needs are out top priorities here at HILES, and for any lack of concern expressed from our staff is very substandard of our offerings here. Please do reach out to me directly if ever you are in town again and I'd be happy to provide a complimentary upgrade and a discounted rate upon your next booking with us.