“Chocolate. Chip. Cookies.”

Ranked #56 of 698 Coffee & Tea in New York City
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 20 August 2016

We usually pop into this bakery/cafe for takeout, specifically the chocolate chip cookies. Each cookie is soft yet substantial and has the right amount of macadamia nuts/chocolate chips. Somehow even the next day the chocolate chips seem a bit melty! The cookies are not too sweet and are basically a meal in themselves. I love the cardboard container they get housed in for the trip home. The other thing I get is their coffee, the last time it was their iced coffee -- nicely balanced with full flavor and a bit of acidity. The only sad thing about the iced coffee is that it doesn't come in the really appeal in white and blue patterned cups that seem to be their signature!

This place serves other sweet and savory cafe items -- their website describes the offerings as "family-inspired" from the South of France and North America. While we mostly get "to-go" items, the decor is vintage French farmhouse, to my eye. There is seating in the back, The last time I stopped in I was a bit disappointed that the line went to the door and progressed slowly, which wouldn't have been so bad except that it was a hot day and either the a/c wasn't working or they don't have any -- I was very happy to be heading home with those cookies and a frosty iced coffe!

Reviewed 11 August 2016

This cafe in soho has cute seating in the back. The pastries are made throughout the day and delicious (though a bit pricey). The wifi here does not work, but you can connect through an open network.

Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

Every time I visit New York I make sure to stop by. The coffee is delicious and the cups are beautiful. I feel like that's a silly reason to go somewhere, yet it has me going out of my way every visit! Their fruit salad is also quite scrumptious.

1  Thank Yogacoffee
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

The Lavender hot chocolate was the best ever! Everyone loved the food the environment and the service. Cute, charm, oozes French style. The avocado dishes were outstanding so fresh. They even gifted us with a warm cookie at the end. Never rushed so if you want fast service say so!

Reviewed 19 May 2016 via mobile

Went for breakfast with my boyfriend. We ordered a chicken salat, and a bun with egg salat. The chicken was dry, and the bun was unbelivable stale.
I told one of the staff members, and his first response was: shall i heat it up for you? You see, we keep the buns in the fridge.
I told him that it was unedible, as it crumbled between my fingers, and asked for a quiche instead.
When I asked which one of the quiche that was most fresh, he got an attitude and asked me if I was sarcastic as all their food was fresh, and put up a face. (Guess he was clueless to what fresh means).

They obviously don't know their field of work when it comes to cooking (heat up a bun with egg salat ...Yuk!), storing food (buns kept in fridge for days), and customer service (attitude and rude).