“Fantastic sushi in NYC”
Review of Tender Restaurant

Tender Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Tender Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #744 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 15 April 2017

We almost stumbled across Tender after a long day walking the streets of New York and enjoyed a delicious meal. The spicy tuna roll is just perfect and the sauce that comes with the edamame beans is really tasty.

But put the excellent food and ambience aside for a moment - the simple reason for writing this review is that we enjoyed our meal so much, we went back the next night and it was just as fantastic!

Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

I had breakfast and dinner here. Both meals were awesome! Food is great, presentation was very well done. Service was exceptional!

Reviewed 11 February 2017

Just happened to be walking by hoping to chance a nice restaurant on our way to the theater the night before a snow storm. We didn't have a reservation but decided to see if we could be accommodated. Hostess was gracious, atmosphere was warm and cozy with perfect lighting.....The service was excellent, the food presentation was very appealing and it was a lovely experience.

Reviewed 6 February 2017

My wife and I visited Tender because if a Groupon figuring it would be OK but, to our wonderful surprise, we found this place to be one of the best restaurants in NYC. Great food. Amazing service.

My wife ordered a skirt steak that melted in your mouth. I ordered a chicken parmesan that was so good but so big that I could not finish it. As far as sushi goes, their Rockefeller Roll was easily the bet sushi roll I have ever eaten. Lastly, the dessert was out of this world. Gelato, chocolate mousse and sorbet that just hit the spot ( I was full before it came out and my wife and I finished the dessert entirely). But, all of this would have meant nothing without the amazing service of our waiter, Luigi. He knew the entire menu like I know my family. He was charming and helpful and gave my wife and I such a great night. If you are unsure about this place, don't be. It is top notch We are going back the next time we are in NYC.

Reviewed 30 January 2017

We were heading to NYC for the weekend and so I did some searching for some Groupon or Living Social deals for dinner (of course cross-referenced with prior Trip Advisor reviews). I was able to purchase a LS deal for a shared app, 2 entrees and 2 drinks - a $100 value for $56 (with my LS coupon code). I was concerned about exclusions, but none listed.
Upon arrival and communicating that we had the LS Deal, we were told that basically we had a $100 credit for any food or drink. We ordered the special sushi roll of the day, 2 entrees, 2 extra sides and 2 coffees. They added the gratuity (fine with us since we did receive great service) and we ended up paying an additional $30.
Food was very good, service was very good & attentive (Barbara was very sweet, personable and accommodating), and ambiance was very nice. We would definitely return.