“Great Central Location”

Ranked #330 of 467 Hotels in New York City
New York City, New York
“Great Central Location”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

As other reviewers stated, the rooms are smaller and the beds seem shorter in length, but that doesn't bother me because I'm not in the room longer than for me to sleep and get ready for another day in the city. The price was right and I don't have any complaints on the slowness of the elevators, like some of the other reviewers. I did get to the hotel late the first night and was so tired that I ate dinner down in the restaurant, which I normally do not do. The chef came out and discussed the menu with me and with his recommendation, I ordered the grilled filet of salmon in lemon butter with sauteed spinach and REAL mashed potatoes. A glass of Chardonnay complimented the meal and I can tell you that the meal was really, really delicious. The hotel was clean and the front desk persons that helped me, always looked straight at me while we were talking, and all had smiles on their faces, which means a lot when you are dealing with the public. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2012

the location of the hotel cant be any better which a short walk to Times Square area for eating out and all the theatres it is very handy.

The hotel is also a short walk from the Empire State Building as well so handy for those who want to go there.

The downside of the hotel I found was the rooms were small

We were in room 1403 and near the end of the holiday a leak developed in the bathroom from the room upstairs however looked like this was an on going problem and also the tiles in the bathroom were also in a bad need of a clean.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn NYC - Manhattan 6th Avenue - Chelsea, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
bigrossco,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a candid review. We’re sorry that you received service that was less-than-satisfactory. It is IHG's goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ben J
IHG Care
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights at the start of March. Hotel is very central... only a few blocks from Hearld Square & Times Square.
Rooms were a little smaller than I had hoped for but were adequate. The common areas need some refurbishing but that is the only fault I could give regarding the accommodation areas.
There is a small bar attached to the hotel. The music played in there is far louder than it needs to be. Ate in the restaurant on one evening also... it was nice but with the price that they charge, you may as well eat somewhere else in NYC!
I will stay here again.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 14 March 2012

Stayed 4 nights for a conference nearby. Loved the location and the price on Priceline. Hotel has quite a bit of wear and tear, but the important things are in tact--clean, nice shower, and comfortable bed. We had very noisy neighbors, and the hotel refunded half a nights stay for our inconvenience. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
NC
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We arrived in NYC Sunday for the Big East tournament. Very easy walk to the Garden. I found this hotel via hotwire and got one of the best rates of hotels in the area ($146), so I thought I'd give it a try. I was very pleased! It is located on W. 26th Ave between 7th (Fashion Ave) and 6th (Avenue of the Americas). It was clean and convenient. The staff was very helpful. The room was small, but nice. But as someone else has commented, there was plenty of room to get some work done on my laptop, sleep and shower for the day's events. Even though I had my car, we parked it on Sunday and moved all around the city either on foot or subway. If you do drive your car, include city parking in your budget. With the hotel discount, it was $120 for four days. The elevators might have been a little busy from time to time, but I never saw that as a problem. While we were walking around, I noticed some of the other locations I had considered, and was really glad I picked this one!

5 Thank Bailey0810