All reviews dirty french lower east side katz's deli east village russ daughters queen studio new york small balcony cool hotel bars and restaurants great neighborhood sitting area roof terrace restaurant downstairs rain shower mini bar boutique hotel
Reviewed 21 September 2018

Lovely little hotel. Very nice lobby, bar and restaurant downstairs and helpful, pleasant staff. Felt very at home. But yes, the room was so small we had to ask them to remove a chair so we could fit our luggage in and the only bedside table space was cluttered with their merchandise (mini bar). We removed that to the top of the wardrobe. No space in the bathroom either so our toiletry bags went under the bed with the rest of our luggage. Least it was a high bed! Cosy! But, the room was quiet, the view great, the bed soft, the room clean and the hotel well located. Overall, we were happy to stay here - but perhaps one of the larger rooms would have been a better choice for a week long stay. (we had the queen studio). An overnight with no luggage would be perfect.

Room tip: get a big one if you can afford it - or don't bring too much luggage
Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Joseph S, Guest Relations Manager at The Ludlow New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Hi jinilil,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us despite the few issues with the room. We do recommend that our guests look for one of our Loft rooms for longer stays but I'm glad you were able to make it work. I hope you'll come back to stay with us again - give us a call so we can help book the perfect room for your next stay!

Joseph

Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Ludlow two nights ago and while our stay was generally good a couple of things to note. Smallest room I’ve ever stayed in, including throughout Europe. So small there was no place to put luggage other than on top of bed. Terrace off room was a nice feature and if the weather had been better it might’ve lessened the smallness of the room. Ordered room service breakfast for the next morning when we arrived in the afternoon. Next morning no breakfast came and person who answered room service phone number said they did not have an order from us. So instead of comfortably relaxing in room we went downstairs for breakfast, which was good. After eating, decided to see manager to mention the screwup. Spoke with Yvette who’s comments were (1) who did you speak with in room service, (2) the restaurant is funny that way because of shift changes (3) she’ll make sure we’re not charged for the undelivered room service. That’s it. Not even an apology. I could rant from here but let’s leave it at we’ll not be returning.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank frankie1955
Joseph S, Guest Relations Manager at The Ludlow New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Hi frankie1955,

I'm very sorry to hear about your unsatisfying stay with us earlier this week. I have sent an email to the managers of our food & beverage partner, Dirty French, to investigate the missing room service order and I would like to apologize for the accident on behalf of the Ludlow.

I hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence with a future stay. Contact our reservations team directly via email or phone and they will help you find a perfect room for your next trip.

Reviewed 5 September 2018

This hotel is in the trendy lower east side neighbourhood. Close to subway and walking distance to Little Italy & Chinatown. Staff were friendly, helpful, and informative. Rooms were clean and comfortable. We had the two room apartment, which was really well designed with the little space available. Bathroom in the middle so rooms were separated. Highly recommend a stay here.

Date of stay: August 2018

Hi bernbeaz,

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay in the Ludlow Double and that you were able to use our front desk team of concierges to great effect!

I look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

I don’t know where to start, it took me months to finally choose a hotel in New York it was so important I picked the right one as it was my first time visiting and a dream of mine. My partner visits NYC all the tine for work. So he’s stayed all over NYC. We booked the sky box room as I really wanted a room with a view. When we arrived we were early so our room wasn’t quite ready but they let us leave our luggage while we went for a bite to eat. When we opened the door to our room we were gobsmacked. The room was beautiful, it looked exactly like the hotel pics but the quality of the furniture and the bathroom was so much better than the pics do it justice. The view from our room was amazing. So much so we never closed the curtains not even to sleep. Our room was cleaned exceptionally well every day with fresh towels every day. The bed was also super comfortable. I have absolutely no complaints about this hotel. To make the whole experience even better it’s situated in a great area alongside some fantastic restaurants, bars and coffee shops. I’m so sad to have to check out at the end of my stay. I will recommend to anyone and suggest of you can afford to spend that bit extra for the skybox room i promise it will make your stay so much more special. My partner who works all over the world and is always in NYC said it’s the best hotel he’s ever stayed in also.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Flyer205301

Hi Flyer205301,

Wow! This is one of my all time favorite reviews - I'm so glad that you and your partner enjoyed the Skybox Loft! Thanks for writing!

I hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

A really good hotel in a great part of New York. Couldn't fault this hotel tbh. Good service, gorgeous little room. And walk right out into the East Village. I'm definitely staying here again when I go back.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank samcZ7863GA

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the review! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I look forward to welcoming you back!