Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 200
USD 159
  • Fitness centre
USD 211
USD 176
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 209/night.

Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 199
USD 158
  • Fitness centre
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 191/night.

Pod 51 Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 139
Savings alert! 25% below average rates

The price you found is 25% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 186/night.

Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 274
USD 110
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 43% below average rates

The price you found is 43% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 194/night.

The New Yorker a Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 189
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 347
USD 300
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 255
USD 232
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 286/night.

Novotel New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 319
Cancelon
  • Room Service
Hotel Beacon(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 426
USD 370
6,632 results
All reviewslincoln centered's chowder housegossip girlpool deckcentral parkcolumbus circlegreat locationrooftop barnew yorkupper west sidejunior suiterooms are smallaround the cornertimes squarenycstarbuckssubway
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

This is the second time I’ve stayed at this hotel and it didn’t disappoint. The location is fab. I had a room issue and Chris on reception was very quick to rectify it. The following day I spoke to Mackenzie who was also lovely and helpful.

My only suggestion would be that the room description of those rooms with no natural light, be clearer. The showers are in need of an upgrade too. Saying this, these are not things that would stop me from booking again and I would hope that feedback goes a way to seeing these points addressed.

Otherwise, great hotel, fab location and super staff.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Christine,

Thank you do much for your loyalty and for taking the time to et us know about your Empire experience! Our TEAM is super and I will be sure to share your review with Chris and Mackenzie. Your suggestions are excellent and I will follow up!

Thank you again!

With best regards,

Scott G

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We were greeted by the lovely and very warm Sophy. She made us feel very welcomed and appeared to be genuinely happy that we are here. We have a wonderful room and of course a great location. Celebrating my son's 18th birthday. Woohoo thanks Sophy!!!

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Lisa,

Thank you so much for your business and wonderful review! I am delighted Sophy took such great care! Happy birthday to you son as well! I hope you return soon!

Scott G.
GM Empire Hotel

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The general manager has since contacted me, apologized, credited back the charge for the mini bar and my overdraft fees and offered special rates, upgrade to a suite and free Drinks and breakfast should we decided to come back again. This manager was very nice and accommodating and I am going to make plans to stay there for my anniversary and give them another shot. I am keeping the original post from my review because it should not have taken up hours of my time wrangling with the shift manager. However I did upgrade from 2 stars to 3.

This is what I emailed to the Manager and posted as part of my original review:

I am writing in reference to the stay my wife and I had in your hotel this past week. We enjoyed the physical hotel very much but had a number of interactions with your staff that made this a very unpleasant stay. We arrived on Monday and, on Tuesday, we realized that, not only was there a hold on our account for $669.38 at the time we arrived and then another hold for $261.69 at 2:00 AM. We found this out while we were out that evening and were immediately alarmed thinking that someone had skimmed our credit card. When we inquired at the front desk about this at about 10 or 11 PM that evening, we were told that this could be addressed the following morning upon checkout, but that he saw these holds on our account. We found in the morning that there was yet another hold on our card for $411.69. I was using my Visa Debit card and these errors essentially tied up all the money in my account as well as caused me a $35 overdraft fee when I bought coffee at Starbucks the previous morning since I was unaware that the Hotel had put so many holds on my funds. When I spoke to the manager, she insisted that it was a mistake on the part of my bank and that, had the bank not released the first hold they wouldn't have needed to put the third hold on our account. (the bank told me that there was no holds that were dropped.) I showed her the three holds on my account and she said the bank must have put that hold there since she only had a record of a $4 hold at 2 AM when the bank showed a $261.69 hold. When I asked her what the Hotel would have put a hold on my account for $4 for, she couldn't explain. When I did speak to the manager for a third time, she asked what I wanted. I told her that I would like her to credit the $35 I was charged because the hotel had placed too many holds on my funds. She again insisted that this was all my banks fault and she was not going to credit anything back to me. She promptly walked away from me and said she was "done discussing this."

More about the Hotel culture -- While I was waiting one of the times to speak to the manager, I heard one clerk on the phone who was very polite while speaking to the guest, but said some mildly derogatory comments when he hung up to the other two clerks there. Not a sense at all that your hotel is about caring for its guests.

Parking issues --- We also inquired Wednesday evening about whether we needed to do anything to get the $40 parking rate because we self parked at the Icon lot that the Hotel said had an arrangement with. The front desk clerk said that the $60 per night parking was for Valet and that the $40 per night was what everyone paid regardless of whether they stayed at the hotel or not. When we went to pick up our car, we were told that we needed to validate our parking ticket. The staff at the parking garage were great and went to get my car, while I ran back to the hotel to get my ticket validated.

Final Straw -- Upon returning home, we found we were charged an additional $7.62. I did not drink or eat any of the snacks available in my room, so I can't imagine what this could be for.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jim T
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2018

Dear Jim,

Thank you for reconsidering I know that you spoke with Johanna our Director of Operations. I am so very sorry on behalf of the associates of the Empire Hotel for the challenges you endured. Rest assured we are working diligently to correct them. I will reach out privately as well.

Kind regards,

Scott G
Empire

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Big International Hotel but
Five people left me messages - not one came to me.
No continental Breakfast only a Big (expensive) Brunch upstairs on roof terrace
When I complained I was told "Try breakfast next door"

Room Tip: Great Location but that's all!
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Jedfal
Scott G, General Manager at Empire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Jedfal,

Thank you for your business and I am very sorry that your stay as not perfect and res assured I have shared your review with the TEAM. There are no excuses for not getting your messages or the answer to your questions about breakfast.

Thank you again and I hope to see you again and I will ensure your stay is perfect.

Scott Griffith
GM Empire

Reviewed 2 April 2018

I recently stayed for a single night when I saw a performance at the Met Opera at Lincoln Center. It was delightful to just walk across the street, particularly as I was traveling alone. In the past I've stayed further away, and been a bit anxious about traveling alone after a show.

I arrived in NYC quite early (10:30 am) and I was very happy that I was able to move into a room as soon as I arrived.

I was surprised that the deadbolt lock in the door didn't work. It was a bit unnerving.

The room itself was clean and comfortably furnished. I never know whether to complain when the shower controls are so complicated that I can hardly figure them out. Maybe it's just me, but the mulitple levers and dials and options were overwhelming. I did finally get things all to work, but judging from the warping of the bathroom door, I wasn't the first person to spray outside the shower before getting things set up properly. It didn't help that the shower has no curtain and only a half wall, allowing the misdirected spray to reach the bathroom door.

I had an interor room and the 'view' was abysmal! It looked through filthy windows directly across to other rooms over a very messy array of heat pumps/air conditioners with concrete tiles scattered between them. It would probalby be worth upgrading if you wanted to appreciate the location while being in your room. If you just need a bed though, the room was pretty quiet. There was no street noise, though the noises from the hall were pretty loud.

There was an unmoving (so probably dead), but still quite 'juicy' (when I stepped on it) cockroach on the bathroom floor. Perhaps the room had not been cleaned immediately before my arrival, and I understand that cities have cockroaches.

The bathroom amenities were nice.

I was surprised though that there was a fee charged for the Keurig cups avaialble in the room. $2 for coffee, $2.50 for tea and $3 for hot chocolate. Perhaps because I have a vacation rental business and have supplied as many Keurig cups as my guests can use, but probably because I've never been charged for the in-room coffee/tea service, it seemed a bit 'cheap'. Fortunately, I'd brought my own tea and the Keurig machine heated water without any unpleasant coffee aftertaste. I had also brought along some dehydrated meals, and the Keurig performed well there too!

I would certainly stay at the Empire Hotel again if the price was right (which it was for this visit). I didn't go for a luxurious hotel experience, but for the convenience of the location. I don't know if a suite room would have been any more exciting, but this room served it's purpose well once I overlooked the things that would have troubled me if I'd been expecting a five star stay.

Room Tip: My interior room had no street noise.
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo

Dear IthacaNancy,

Thank you for your business and detailed review. Customer feedback is so important to us as it helps us improve every day. I am addressing many of your points outlined in your review and look forward to your next visit! I am very sorry about the bug in your room we do have a detailed inspection process and sometimes our little friends hitch a ride to the hotel.

I look forward to your return visit!

Scott Griffith