“Peking duck served family style”
Review of Decoy Bar

Decoy Bar
Ranked #11 of 15,761 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 22 November 2016

Decoy requires a commitment to a prix fixe multi-course dinner ($68) built around Peking Duck. You have lots of choices for the first and third courses, but the second course will be Peking Duck, period. It's a good Peking Duck, but don't come to Decoy and expect to get something else. Also, you will be seated at one long community table that holds about 25 people, so if you need white table cloths and privacy, Decoy is not for you. We enjoyed the Peking Duck, the other courses, and the communal dining, but suspect that it's not for everyone. Compared to other NYC restaurants, Decoy is a bargain. Compared to other Chinese restaurants, Decoy is expensive. It's all a matter of perspective. The quantities are more than adequate so resist the urge to add any additional side dishes. I am a big eater and I couldn't get through the last course of excellent fried rice.

1  Thank Mmeyernos

Reviewed 15 November 2016 via mobile

Wow, what flavor. Great ambiance, service and flavor better than any other Chinese we've had. First, make a reservation to insure you have the Peking Duck. The PD is a MUST have, served with nice and light pancakes(Chinese tortillas), 3 great sauces, celery and sliced scallions. Then, accompanying the duck you get two appetizers and choice of rice(multiple flavors) or a delicious veggie.
You'll look at the menu and be tempted to order more, but don't. Big portions which allow you to enjoy these flavors the next day. So, for a party of two, you'll have a lunch tomorrow.
Comfortable family table setting, like an old trattoria. This unique restaurant is a must for your NYC visit. If you're local, you'll be going here every other week. Yes, it's that good.

1  Thank yeldarbsnrub
Reviewed 7 November 2016

My partner and I ate here on a whim when were visiting NYC and staying around the corner in the West Village (back in June 2016). Without a doubt when of the absolute best meals of my entire life! No exaggeration...everything about this place was awesome - great service, great ambience and the prix-fixe peking duck with the sides and appetisers was unforgettable! Hands down just an amazing meal :) Go and you will not be disappointed! We couldn't finish the whole meal and the staff were happy to wrap it away for us to take home. I recommend this place to anyone I hear travelling to NY and we will definitely be back on our next visit!

1  Thank Nespressopls
Reviewed 7 November 2016

The countless accolades and glowing reviews say it all. Duck is undoubtedly the the star of the show but the small plates are also exceptional (special mention for the Oxtail dumplings with black garlic dip). So good I almost cried. Best meal we had during this NYC trip, bar none. Yum. Yum. Yum.

1  Thank BlydeLass
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Decoy is an adorable restaurant nestled downstairs from Red Farm. I had gone to the neighborhood anticipating dumplings at RF, but was happy to have opted for Decoy. Community table for dining, and a great bar. I was happy to have been able to enjoy the Peking Duck (limited availability each night) while dining at the bar. The bartenders were so nice and great conversationalists. The food -- well, delicious. The duck took me back to time spend in Beijing and was very good. The cocktails were interesting and tasty as well (try the Smoke 'n Spice). Looking forward to returning to Decoy again soon.