The Bowery Hotel
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 175*
USD 449*
USD 423*
Marriott Hotels
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
USD 178*
USD 155*
Triumph Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
USD 427*
USD 366*
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 196*
USD 164*
CrownePlaza.com
  • Pool
USD 232*
USD 196*
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 166*
Travelocity
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 353*
USD 188*
Official Site
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 188*
USD 181*
Park Central
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness centre
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
USD 99*
  • Breakfast included
All reviewseast villagefloor to ceiling windowslower east sidecorner roomnew yorkbar scenehotel guestsadjoining restaurantroom serviceking roomhip hotelhotel restaurantlobby loungerain showermini barfavorite hotelfront desk staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I returned recently to the Bowery Hotel for a night, this was my second stay there, and it was just as pleasurable as the first time. My queen room was small but well-appointed. In fact, the design is really great - the overall look is very well done, and I love the bathroom's old-school tile, wonderful rain shower, and nice products. I was greeted with a bottle of wine on the table for returning - great touch. And the staff at the desk was efficient and friendly as I remember. I like this hotel's approach: cool design, behind the scenes staff who are attentive when needed, and great location. For anyone living near, returning to, or coming to NYC for the first time, the Lower East Side is a great spot to discover.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank inveterate_itinerant
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We visited friends for a few days and then decided to splurge and spend a weekend at the Bowery. It was worth every penny. We loved the location, the rooms, the hotel details, the cocktails at the bar, the service, and had a really great time.
We will never stay anywhere else!!!
From Trip Advisor, I knew to request a room with a bath tub, and it was AMAZING!! We had bubble baths on both nights and felt utterly pampered and in luxury. The outdoor bar is a total scene at night, and the number of smokers is kind of appalling, for us California folks. :) But the cocktail was delicious, and it was fun to see the scene and then retire to our room.
We appreciated the NY Times on our doorstep, and we had yummy cappuccinos downstairs at the restaurant, Gemma. We hope to eat there next time.
We had some weird room charge on our credit card when we got home, but when I called the following week to resolve it, they were extremely helpful and apologetic and removed it immediately.
Can't wait for our next NYC adventure!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AJeanA
Reviewed 3 March 2012

This is my favorite hotel in nyc. The rooms are comfortable and nicely decorated. The bathrooms are nice, not large, but not small by nyc standards. The location can't be beat. There are several great restaurants and shops all around the hotel. The New Museum is less than a five minute walk, and you can easily walk to the shops in Nolita in about 5 mins as well. There is also a Whole Foods just down the street in case you need something.

Love the vibe and the fabulous bar/deck/lounge area. The bar is very popular at night, and we've seen celebrities here several times.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on a high floor if you want a quiet room.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 77wheretonext
Reviewed 22 February 2012

This is a cool hotel. Dark and broody with a terrace for drinks where the young and beautiful hang out showing each other pictures of cool things on iPads. Even better, the hotel will remove these beautiful young things to make way for paying guests which (partially) compensates those of us envious of their youth.
We spent a fortune but it was worth it. Ate at the Italian place a couple of times (good) and spotted Jody Foster there (obviously we pretended not to notice, to notice would be not cool).
Free rental of bicycles (cool ones, obviously) a big hit that you should do. Local area is bohemian - very mixed crowd and lots of little bars etc.
Rooms are NYC big (read small) but again, cool.
Service was excellent and I suspect that all the staff were 'resting' models and actors but not pretentious at all.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ManchesterMartin70
Reviewed 8 February 2012

What to say about the Bowery? It is definitely the coolest hotel in town. The bar is always hopping with a mix of cool, NYC characters and movie stars and if you are a guest you can always get a seat- what's not to love about that? I am of 2 minds about if i think the decor is cool, bohemian or if it looks like they found everything on the street but everyone else seems to love it. For people familiar with Los Angeles hotels, it reminds me of the Chateau Marmont meaning it isn't a four seasons but it is used to catering to high end people and has a cool vibe. So you may not have a bath tub in your room but I am sure the concierge can fill any crazy request you might have.

Our room was great- small of course but it IS NY- not smaller than any other hotel room. Persian rugs, floor to ceiling windows give everything a hip vibe. Very comfortable. I personally love the location too.

My only complaints are that i like just a TOUCH more luxury in my hotel- like the fitness room basically feels like you are in someone's house and i know it is NYC but i really like a bathtub in my rooms. Small complaints i know, but i am picky. The Greenwhich hotel in Tribecca has a very similar vibe to the Bowery but with the extra amenities i am looking for (amazing gym, slightly better trained staff etc) but the location is kind of out of the way. The Crosby Hotel is also another favorite, again, you sacrifice a TOUCH of the hip for better service and more amenities. That all being said, I WOULD stay at the Bowery again in a heart beat- I can go to Barry's Bootcamp or Soul Cycle if need to work out and one of 50 million spas if i want a bath- Frankly the cost of the room is worth it just to get a seat at the bar on a Saturday night...

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business