“LOVE...Delicioso!!”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Neighbourhood: East Harlem
Neighbourhood: East Harlem
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Was in Spanish Harlem with some friends and stopped in to grab a bite to eat. LOVE the fact that the Hall Of Fame menu has dishes named after Latin baseball players. This day i decided to have the "Jose Guillen" - Chuletas Fritas Con Arroz Y Maduros which is fried pork chops with rice and sweet plantains. SOOOO Good. Not my first time in here and it most certainly will not be my last. The mofongo de chicharon is great as well!!

Reviewed 30 May 2017

I stopped by El Nuevo Caridad Restaurant for lunch, recently, partly in hopes of seeing a couple of Dominican baseball but primarily because of how good the chicken is.

No stars that day, at least that I recognized, but the chicken was superb, other guests were munching away happily, the staff was friendly and joyous.

The decor isn't splendid, but the food is very, very good.

Reviewed 18 January 2017

I was staying on E 116 St with a group of friends, first timers in NYC for the most part. We wanted a breakfast and had walked past Caridad a few time on our way to Harley's (see separate review), but hadn't ventured in. This morning we did. Good Call as they say. SO good, so reasonable in price, superb service from friendly staff. After the breakfast experience I went back for more one evening. Fried half chicken, KFC HAH!!!!! This is how you do it!!!!!!Crisp, succulent with a choice of 2 sides $9. Took my son another night it was so good, he raved about the chicken too. I wish I had:
1 went there sooner.
2 had more time to fully explore the menu.
I am not an expert at al on "Latin" cuisine but based on what I had here I really want to know more.

They claim to serve the best rotisserie chicken in NYC, can't confirm this but I reckon it will be hard to beat.

Try it, it's good.

Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

Located in East Harlem, we were looking for a caribbean and latin cuisine, when we found this one.
Not fancy from the outside, it is wonderful from the inside...with a few sport TVs running.
The main dishes are between 10 to 20 USD each and the portions are typically huge.
The taste was sooo unbelievable good and the food was made fresh!

Delicious!! We will get back there soon

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Popular place in East Harlem, good food, reasonable prices, friendly waitresses. Not a spiffy place but simply good food