“Worth the trip.”

Ranked #125 of 14,817 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 20 - USD 25
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Morningside Heights
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Reviewed 1 January 2018

My husband and two kids (ages 13, 15), ventured up here for New Year's Eve, my daughter craving ribs. First a comment about the location - we were unsure how safe it would be to walk there from the subway, so we took the 2 train to 96th Street, and then a cab ($11). However, the street was well lit, no one loitering, and plenty of cars passing by, and a big McD's on the corner, so we decided to walk to the subway at 9pm after eating dinner and it was totally fine.
Dinner was delicious. My daughters and husband shared a rack of ribs and report that it was delicious, and well worth the trip. My Dino Burger was one of the best burgers I've ever head - full of flavor, juicy, and thick. Atmosphere is casual but festive. Good place for an adventures get together, for meat eating groups.
I give Dinosaur BBQ 5 stars.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 31 December 2017

very friendly stuff and excellent services. The best baby back ribs I have eaten before.
Prices are affordable. If you are going on weekends, try to get there early or call for appointment.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Came twice in one week it’s that good! First time had the pulled pork sandwich, greens and beans - oh wow, that was great. And today we had the Sweetheart Special, a full rack of ribs with four sides and cornbread. Ribs melted in our mouths, greens beans and broccoli were all amazing — and don’t miss the pecan sweet potato pie, best I’ve ever eaten!

2  Thank newyorkis4walking
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

My organization has been going to Dino bbq the last several years for our annual holiday party. The space is always well organized with enough room to stand and chat as well as sit down. The staff is always great with the open bar as well as buffet service . The food is what I always look forward to having every year. Only downside is you have to take the 1 train to get there but it’s worth it after you get there.

Reviewed 4 December 2017 via mobile

Had a trip up to Harlem on the subway. Worth going to as I find it difficult to find good BBQ in NYC. Had the Labrador Pale Ale from Ohio which was tasty, bbq was pulled pork, brisket, sweet mashed potatoes with hazelnut and creamed corn. My partner had the gf menu and had ribs, pork, beans and slaw. All delivered very quickly, the service was really good and the price even better. All in all quite impressed, nice flavours to the food and a good choice of beer, wine and cocktails. We will make this a stop when in NYC.