“Great food, great location”

The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building
Ranked #1,403 of 15,914 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 10 - USD 25
Cuisines: American, Pub, Gastropub, Brew Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Description: New York City's most famous landmark, the Empire State Building, now houses New York's number one brewery, a two-story 450-seat Heartland equipped with two large bars and four giant flat-screen TV's. Our full-service restaurant breathes new life into an area overrun with fast food chains. More than just a watering hole with great beer, we offer both visitors and locals excellent food and a feeling of home that only Heartland can offer.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

We ate lunch here after going to the Empire State Building and were very happy with our meal. It’s a huge place and we did not have to wait for a table. Food was very good. There were gluten free options- buns, rotisserie chicken, steak. No gluten free fries as there is not a separate fryer. The only drawback was that the service was a bit slow.

Date of visit: April 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (2,446)

Reviewed 5 April 2018

After visiting the Empire State Building this restaurant and bar right at the entrance is the perfect place to recuperate with a beer or two.

We arrived late evening on a Sunday in January and parked our self at the bar, service was quick and friendly. Beer selection was good and varied. I strongly recommend the Oatmeal Stout - it had me coming back for another!

The restaurant itself was doing a brisk trade while we were here but there were still plenty of seats. The food looked good but we did not eat here.

I only realised that there was an even bigger seating area downstairs when I went looking for the toilet.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Went up the Empire State Building and came down to the brewery for lunch. Really nice selection of beer (and they also brew root beer) I had the IPA and it was good...nice and hoppy. We ordered the grilled chicken BLT that came with a copious amount of fries. Jorge was our server and he did a nice job...friendly, attentive, knowledgeable about the menu and brew. The restaurant is surprisingly large having a full downstairs as well as the main floor. Fun atmosphere. A bit pricey but then again, it is right at the bottom of the Empire State Building...great location.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

While on a weekend trip to NYC, my husband and I toured the ESB and the Heartland Brewery is connected via lobby but also had a separate street entrance. We had lunch around noon on Monday and were seated right away. Our server was quick to bring us a couple pints of ale (their own brew). Nice selection of lighter to darker beer. We both enjoyed what we selected in addition to the fish and chips which was a luncheon special. Prices are moderate. We were happy we decided to stop there for our last meal in Manhattan. Would recommend! Enjoy.

Date of visit: March 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Heartland Brewery. The service was friendly and attentive. My waitress was Raquel. She made me feel very welcomed. I was seated at a small near the window which was perfect for people-watching.

I ordered the Heartland Fresh Ground Beef Burger. It was juicy and flavorful. I also indulged in the Lady Liberty Cosmo cocktail. This drink was strong. I enjoyed my dining experience. I look forward to my next visit.

Date of visit: March 2018

Travellers who viewed The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building also viewed

New York City, NY
New York City, NY

Been to The Heartland Brewery and Rotisserie at the Empire State Building? Share your experiences!