“Very close to everything” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square

Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square
Ranked #179 of 464 Hotels in New York City
“Very close to everything”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2012

Very nice hotel the staff was very friendly and willing to attend to our every need. Also the bartender in the lounge was very friendly and also assisted us with finding local restaurants in the area, the room was spacious enough for me and my guest. There was also breakfast but not very much seating in the area where breakfast was served that would have been my only complaint.

Room Tip: I would choose a room with a higher floor for a better view
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
Dear espears:

Thank you for sharing your experience at my hotel with potential visitors. I'm glad you found our staff friendly and helpful throughout your stay. I have to say, we do have some of the best people on our team!

I'm sorry to hear you had some trouble finding a seat during breakfast. Our third floor where breakfast is served can become crowded at certain hours and on weekends. We do try our best to accommodate large numbers and generally open our meeting rooms for additional seating on higher occupancy days. Of course, guests always have the option to bring food back to their rooms.

Thank you again for taking the time to review my hotel for TripAdvisor readers.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

Stayed at the Residence Inn last summer for 7 nights. It is in a really fantastic location. Convenient for walking to Macy's , Times Sq., etc. but easy also to get to all the trains. Breakfast is free of charge, and quality of food on offer is quite good. Staff pleasant and helpful. Good value for money, especially given rooms are pretty big by NY standards. Find it easy to recommend this hotel. Good for singles, couples and even families.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Guest64Dublin
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest64Dublin:

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel for potential travelers. I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and find it easy to recommend the Residence Inn. I hope you'll visit us again in the future.

Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I loved the location of this hotel. An easy walk to 5th Ave, Bryant Park, the main Public Library in one direction, and Time Square in the other direction. The area set up for breakfast looks like a library, we comfy chairs and sofas, and to ceiling book shelves.
The lines for breakfast on the weekend are long, and the elevator took some time. Our suite was clean and had all that we needed. I would certainly stay there again.

Room Tip: Pets allowed, but they must check-in.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ESFFlorida
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 13 March 2012
Dear ESFFlorida:

Thank you for taking the time to review my hotel for potential travelers. I'm glad you found our midtown location convenient and close to the places you were visiting!

Our complimentary breakfast can become busy. Even though sleeping in on the weekends is enjoyable, we generally advise guests to arrive earlier in the morning to avoid any breakfast or elevator congestion!

Thank you again for sharing your comments. I hope you'll visit with us soon.

North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

My two daughters and I just returned from a weekend staying at our favorite New York hotel - Residence Inn Times Square. This is our fifth stay, and every time, it has worked out perfectly. We had a back corner room on the 30th floor, and were amazed when we walked in and saw how large the room was. Although the bathroom is small in comparison to the guest room size, it was fine, as we had a full-length mirror in the guest room and an additional sink in the kitchen area. We love the location, the easy access to the subway at Bryant Park, and the ability to print out our boarding passes for our return flight in the front lobby. Everyone is always helpful, and our room was spotless! We can hardly wait to return!

Room Tip: High floors located at the back of the hotel are very quiet; however, the "skyline view" r...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ryan C, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square, responded to this review, 12 March 2012
Dear Meredith77:

Thank you for choosing my hotel each time you visit New York City! It is always nice to hear such positive reviews from guests who continually stay with us. Please be sure to let me know the next time you are planning a visit.

Fla
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

My husband and I stayed with our two year old at the Residence Inn New York Manhattan/Times Square. We traveled over the Thanksgiving holiday. This was a perfect hotel for our visit; I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to see Manhattan or the Macy’s Day Parade. When I made reservations, I asked about the Macy’s Day Parade. The hotel agent explained she could not guarantee a room overlooking the parade and that some rooms would not see the parade at all. This wasn’t a problem for me.

The hotel lobby isn’t very pretty, but the front desk was efficient, helpful, and got us a great room – overlooking the parade route! We were thrilled with this great surprise! The room was one of the biggest I’ve stayed in while visiting Manhattan (I was expecting a room the size of a closet). There was plenty of space, the bed was very comfortable, and the kitchen made our trip very convenient (the ice maker worked great). The front desk sent up a pack-and-play for our son and it was delivered fast and was even set up for us. Great service. Upon departure, the Bell Man really went out of his way to help us with the luggage and help us find a cab. We thanked God for him in our prayers that night. He was excellent.

Another reason we selected this hotel was for the complimentary breakfast. The breakfast selection was good. The lines were long and there were people everywhere, but we were traveling over a holiday weekend. The breakfast sandwiches were helpful to take on-the-road with us as well. I would recommend the breakfast buffet.

The location of the hotel is perfect! The hotel is within walking distance many of the Manhattan attractions. We were able to take short walks to Times Square, Radio City Music Hall, Macy’s, and Rockefeller Center to name just a few. You won’t need cabs too much. We took a cab into Little Italy and it was about $14 each way. The ride from LGA was a flat fee, which is posted at the airport taxi line – look for midtown rates. The Hotel is right across the street from Bryant Park which was very fun around the holiday time. There was a great NYC Pizza stand right across from the hotel for pizza for $1; Quick and delicious. There was also a great Szechuan Gourmet across the street up 39th street from hotel. The food was amazing!! In all, we had a great time at this hotel.

The hotel was on the Parade Route, but the breakfast area which would have been a perfect view of hotel was blocked off for a private party. If you’re looking to see the parade, you will be able to walk downstairs and right outside for a perfect, front row view. The hotel is also an easy walk to Macy’s where the parade ends.

Enjoy your visit!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank babie22559
Dear babie22559:

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience at my hotel with potential visitors. I'm so glad you experienced such an exciting time in the city and you were lucky enough to have a view of the parade! Thanksgiving weekend is a great kick off to the holiday season and our hotel is conveniently located to many NYC sights; most of which are within walking distance as you said.

I'm so glad you found our rooms to be comfortable and accommodating and that the pack and play was set up prior to your arrival. I'm sure you would agree having a kitchen in your room really does help when traveling with a young child! We really do try our best to accommodate traveling families.

Please Note: We do sell various parade view room packages through our Sales office. I recommend anyone looking to guarantee a view of the parade; contact the hotel directly and we can further assist them.

Thank you again for sharing your review with TripAdvisor. I hope you’ll visit us again!