“Smith and Wow”
Review of Smith & Wollensky

Smith & Wollensky
Reserve with OpenTable
Smith & Wollensky is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,064 of 14,719 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: USD 30 - USD 100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: E. 49th Street
Description: One of America's most successful restaurants, this New York steakhouse opened in 1977 and has been a hit ever since. It is one of the most trafficked restaurants in New York City and among the most celebrated steakhouses in the world. Specializing in fresh seafood and lobster and assorted steaks and chops, Smith & Wollensky is well recognized for its healthy portions, seasoned service staff and pop Americana ambience. The painted wood exterior is dark forest green trim on sparkling white, with latticework trim. The elegant interior has turn-of-the-century appeal and design elements including shining brass, dark wood accents and polished wood floors. Adjacent to Smith & Wollensky's is Wollensky's Grill. The Grill (entrance on 49th St) is open from 11:30AM till 2:00AM but does not accept reservations.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The best steak in the world with fantastic onion rings, great bread with excellent wine. Service was impeccable. A life memory

Write a ReviewReviews (2,862)

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

We went with two small kids and the staff set up everything to make our dinner comfortable.
The fillet mignon was awesome as uses to be, but I believe that prices are higher than what you receive, especially the table service which did not contribute to nothing more than just bringing the plates...

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

Asked a few people where to get a great steak dinner in Chicago, and I asked about this restaurant, and was told this was a chain and there were better Steak Houses.
Well long story short, sure glad I didn’t listen to them because if I could rate this restaurant a 10 I would have. Had the Bone in New York Stripe Steak and it was great. Also the view over looking the river was great also. Service was Perfect!!!!

Reviewed 5 April 2018

This is the original Smith & Wollensky, and the only one owned by the founder. Don't be confused by the quality of the franchises that bear the name. Although the menu might be the same, execution here is perfect. I always have the prime Sirloin, and I'm never disappointed. I always sit at the bar; this time, I had one of the newer bartenders--he's only been there for fifteen years. (I am not exaggerating. This tells you how well the restaurant takes care of its employees.

1  Thank Kevin C
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

I am traveling the world for the last 3 years and I rate this experience as one of the worse. Why?
Me and my colleagues got this recommendation from the reception of the hotel - they said it's a bit 'pricey' but the quality is immeasurable.
We didn't wait too long to be seated, but for food to come we waited almost 1 hour. The medium-well sirloin that I ordered was way overcooked, dry and tasteless. One of my colleagues had the inspiration to return his plate since he saw it first and asked for the whole chicken, which surprisingly was delicious - and that's why I gave one more star to the restaurant. The side dishes were mushrooms, super oily and same tasteless, the single good was the asparagus.
However, my experience was horrible and without dessert I paid 120 $.