“I couldn't see.”

and up
The Book of Mormon on Broadway
Ranked #290 of 1,175 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 15 April 2018

My friends and I visited the Eugene O'Neill Theatre to see The Book of Mormon. Our seats were in the back few rows of the orchestra. I thought the decor in this theater was beautiful and the sound was fantastic. The problem was that were wasn't a lot of pitch to the seating, so I sat looking at the back of the head in front of me. I'm sure the person behind me was looking at the back of my head. I'm hoping the seats near the front are not like this.

1  Thank Robin M
"bought tickets"
"broadway show"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We decided to go to this show based on recommendations from friends, and had mixed feelings on how I would like or not like the show. As it ended up, we really enjoyed it. I didn't expect to laugh so much, but ended up really getting into the plot and having many a chuckle.

Book of Mormon will not be for everyone. If you are easily offended, or are sensitive to critical humor on religious matters, you may want to avoid the show, or at minimum go in knowing the rules of the game. I did not find any part offensive, and enjoyed the tongue in cheek humor.

Read the reviews and make a decision, but I can tell you we had a great night and laughed our butts off. That is what entertainment is all about

1  Thank Mje12518
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Trip spoiled by being charged $60 for two gin and tonics. Prices not transparent! Almost the cost of a ticket. No justification. Should have refused drinks but had to get to seat. Be warned... Very very expensive drinks

Reviewed 22 February 2018

This show was well acted and lively but I found the language to be offensive at times. However, it told a good story underneath the humour, a story that is actually not funny.

The two main elders were hilarious and the acting of the black father was top notch; he looked awfully familiar but couldn't think why/where. The actress who played his daughter was a beautiful looking young lady with an amazing smile.

The scene changes were excellent and transported you swiftly to where the play was being set-well done to everyone.

Soft drinks were $8 in a plastic, uneventful cup-I personally wouldn't keep it as a souvenir. Tickets were around $185 for orchestra seats, purchased just before the show started. We were informed by Times Square ticket booth that this play didn't offer discounts and when purchasing tickets for a different show was told we had got a really good deal as those seats were usually 43/400. The shows are what I consider to be expensive but this is Broadway and in my opinion the shows are very well done-only the One Show in Berlin has beaten New York theatres for me