“In the end, not worth the price”

Eugene O'Neill Theatre
Book In Advance
More Info
USD 123.81*
and up
The Book of Mormon on Broadway
Ranked #298 of 1,208 things to do in New York City
Reviewed 2 February 2018

This review is mostly about the theater. The show was funny though a bit in your face with foul language that did not always seem to be needed, seemed to be there for shock value more than adding to the story. Acting was very good but that is expected in NYC. OK now the really bad parts. The seats are narrow and there is no leg room in the balcony, crazy tight such that you will NEVER again complain about an airplane seat. This was major uncomfortable and we are not large people nor were the people we were sitting next to. The real killer for us musicians was the poor sound quality. Everything was miked and it was too loud to understand the diction of the actors. Its a musical, you need to be able to hear the words!!! This is intolerable in a Broadway show and the theater owns the responsibility. Because of the sound and the tight seating this was not worth the $125/seat price.

1  Thank Destination809529
"stage door"
"laughed so hard"
"first row"

Reviewed 26 January 2018

saw Book or Mormon here great show but this review is about the theatre. I chose the mezzanine seating because of the view. Now the theatre is small and beautiful but the seats were small and tight. I was very uncomfortable during the first half of the show even the lady beside me had to sit sideways and the a few guys because had problems too. My knees were right up on the seat in front of me and I was unable to move them because the back of the seat in front of me was digging into my leg. I was so uncomfortable I was thinking about leaving during intermission. While it was stretching my legs during intermission I was speaking with the lady who sat in front of me (mezzanine front row) she let me switch seats with her, she was a GOD send, just a bit more room not much. This is not a theatre for you if you are a very tall or large person seating is tight and uncomfortable. I'm glad I saw the show but I’ll review more theatre in New York and pick an aisle seat next time. Oh, and the line to the lady’s room was crazy long I didn’t go but I knew how it was going to be.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

Saw book of mormon and we had great seats but the seats are a little tight. They are comfortable seats.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

There is nothing nice to say about this theatre. The seats are so small (I am not a big person) that I felt the breath of the guy next to me. I was so uncomfortable! The bathroom is 2 flights down, not so good for the elderly people and no ventilation! The drinks are a rip off. Never again!