“Great location....disappointing food.”
Review of Swing 46

Swing 46
Reviewed 16 September 2017

We were going to a show...had eaten at several of the other nearby restaurants and had really good meals at them all. Swing 46 was alluring with the ambiance of the place, the menu, and the music being piped in.
We were there early and got a nice seat right by the window.
Unfortunately, everything else was meh.
Ordered the Prix Fix dinner - Roasted Chicken. - It was pretty flavorless....hot...but not very good.
Mashed Potatoes were literally right out of a box. And, it wasn't even a good box!
Dessert was a warm brownie....(hard to mess up...right?) - it was either overbaked...or over microwaved....but it was left mostly untouched on our plates like much of the meal.
They have a very limited selection of wine by the glass....I got a Cabernet....it was unfortunately not even as good as the meal!
Positives??? - Didn't eat much....or drink much....so staying awake for show was not a problem....And.....the bill was under $100. proving that you really don't get...what you don't pay for.
I am sure it's a great place to hang out for drinks....but for dinner??? Move on.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Wowwwwww! My cousin, college roommate, and I happened by Swing46 as we planned to have dinner at another restaurant nearby. However, we heard the music coming from inside, and the prix fixe menu sounded good, so we thought we'd try it out! And we were not disappointed! Between us, we had the Caesar salad, caprese salad, hanger steak, chicken, and two flavors of sorbet. Everything was delicious!!!!! Before we left, I wanted to let the gentleman (who I found out was the owner) know how great our meals were, and we watched a young couple dancing near the band stage (so fun). John was so nice and made such a case for coming back for the 8:30 show that we decided to go back to our hotel to freshen up and come back. And, wow, Professor Cunningham and His Old School were awesome! As a musician myself, I was in awe of what they did with their songs and the variety they had. Plus, we all sang Happy Birthday to my roommate, and it was such a perfect evening for my friend! This is our new favorite place, and we can't wait to come back!!!!

Reviewed 28 August 2017

We walked 46th Street as we understood there were lots of restaurants to choose from. There was. We finally settled on this restaurant. They did an excellent set menu. All the dishes were good. The portions were large. There were extras like bread and water for free. The place is a Jazz club and had fantastic décor. We would have loved to stay and listen to the music.

Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

This was our second visit to Swing 46, and we enjoyed both visits. I was surprised on our first visit that, even though we ate dinner, we still had to pay the cover charge, just like people who only came for drinks. I also think the food is overpriced and not all that great. But then, we came for the entertainment, and we were not disappointed. A very fun evening!

1  Thank Lynn E
Reviewed 28 July 2017

If we lived closer we would become regulars. Yes there was a cover for the band, but you also got a free dance lesson from two great instructors from a local studio. We ordered from the set menu and the meal was great. Steve our waiter was super. I took my wife here for our anniversary, on our first night ever in NYC,what a great choice. We love to dance, not as good as a some but they made the experience feel comfortable and fun. They make their own ginger beer, so the blue mules are delicious. We were here on a Wednesday and it wasn't so busy which was great. Stan's band with big Joe singing was to me the highlight. These Guy's and girls were absolutely the best I've heard in a long time. This place is well worth the price of admission.