“Our best night out in NY”
Review of Swing 46

Swing 46
Reviewed 28 July 2017

If we lived closer we would become regulars. Yes there was a cover for the band, but you also got a free dance lesson from two great instructors from a local studio. We ordered from the set menu and the meal was great. Steve our waiter was super. I took my wife here for our anniversary, on our first night ever in NYC,what a great choice. We love to dance, not as good as a some but they made the experience feel comfortable and fun. They make their own ginger beer, so the blue mules are delicious. We were here on a Wednesday and it wasn't so busy which was great. Stan's band with big Joe singing was to me the highlight. These Guy's and girls were absolutely the best I've heard in a long time. This place is well worth the price of admission.

Reviewed 27 June 2017

When we booked they told us the cover charge was $20 but then gave us flyers for $5 off when I queried it. The swing dance lesson was good fun and she taught us a few basic steps. They have a Pre Fix menu but this is not available if you are in for the Dinner Dance. It was $34 for a Hanger Steak so not cheap. The band is excellent and you are entertained by the serious dancers who frequent the club. Be aware they slap a gratuity on the bill which in our case came to $41.76. To be honest the service did not warrant this size of a tip. I was glad I did not ask for the cover charge to be put on the tab. I queried why so much was added to the bill but was given excuses why it could not be removed. The bill for four for one course each, a bottle of wine, four Liqueurs and cover charge was over $350. Fun night out but not worth the money. Even if you buy a drink at the bar they add the gratuity. Most barmen are happy with a $ a drink. But then again it is New York City

1  Thank Royalscott
Reviewed 15 June 2017

Loved EVERYTHING about this Charming Music & Dancing Venue/ Supper Club. A real throwback to the great Jazz Clubs of yesterday!
We danced - they give a free dance lesson also.
The food was delicious & the Band was incredible...Thanks for making our visit to NYC wonderful.

Reviewed 30 May 2017

Very good food and better dancing. Not the largest floor in the world, but very manageable. The Harlem Renaissance Orchestra plays here often and is quite good with excellent song selections for swing dancing. Separate cover charge for the band even when having dinner. Well worth it.

Reviewed 17 May 2017 via mobile

A fun night out enjoyed by all. They offer a free dance lesson but we arrived too late. The band was amazing and enjoyable to dance to. Food tasty and great service. There is a $15 cover charge.