“Old School Wall Street”

Ranked #2,880 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Neighbourhood: Financial District
Reviewed 3 May 2017

It's old school New York pub inside and the Wall Street crowd was there in full force for lunch. It’s great menu at fairly reasonable prices for NYC. I went with the Southwest chicken sandwich. It was a nice size, fries and a little salad. The noise level wasn’t too bad and service was very good. Will be back for lunch soon

Reviewed 29 January 2017 via mobile

The Shepard's pie was fantastic and huge! The bartender, Aaron, had just come in from country 6 weeks ago. It's was relaxing and not filled with people trying to be seen. Just a good laid back pub

Reviewed 22 December 2016

Visited the Full Shilling recently with a few friends for holiday drinks. It's a really nice Irish style pub, nice bar and plenty of seating. The staff were friendly and efficient, the food was good for a pub, and the atmosphere was great. It's a very welcome addition to the downtown financial scene.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

We stumbled (sort of literally...it was icy and snowy outside) into this bar on a cold Friday night. This is definitely a happy hour location, evidenced by the number of professionals grabbing a few drinks before the cold commute home. We took seats at the lovely wood bar and admired the beautiful interior we learned had been imported from an old Irish bar. The wine list isn't much, but the beer selection was good. Drinks felt casual, without any stuffiness, despite this bar's proximity to the one of the world's biggest centers of high finance. The staff was friendly and accommodating. It made me wish that we were not just tourists, and could have become regulars.

Reviewed 19 December 2016

I arrived at my hotel on a cold night; hungry I headed to tripadvisor for the nearest place to get some good food. The Full Shilling was great. The staff were friendly and fun. I had a drink which was strong, which I put down to generosity. I had the steak and subbed the potatoes for salad. I asked for medium rare and really got medium, but it was super delicious anyway. When I pointed out that it was a bit overcooked, they offered a new one, which I declined. So they offered me another drink. I actually enjoyed the steak enough to feel guilty about accepting the drink :) Great experience. Fun for drinks or dinner.