“Excellent mushroom hummus”

Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Russian, Israeli
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: SoHo
Reviewed 5 May 2017

I ate here with 5 business colleagues. It's the epitome of a quaint, Israeli cafe in the heart of the Village.

We were seated right away and shared dishes from the small plates menu. The beets, lamb kebabs, and hummus with mushrooms and onions were the biggest hits. The pita bread was among the best I've ever had. My colleagues also raved about the mint tea. We did not finish the eggplant or the labaneh.

Although small, the restaurant got a little noisy as it filled up. The service was prompt and efficient.

Overall this was an excellent dining experience.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

We happened to park in front of the restaurant. We were a little hungry after shopping, and it was a great place ! Great food, fabulous menu a touch of Tel Aviv ... and great service!
Spectacular Hummus, great Lamb and delicious hamburger!
We will definitely return, even for breakfast!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 10 March 2017

i ended up taking out - very nice Israeli atmosphere restaurant with totally Israeli food - I had the Leben and an onion and mushroom omelet all well raped and served w Pita and great bread . good restaurant !

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 5 March 2017 via mobile

I'm a big fan of jachnun and I've been looking for a good one in NYC, so I was super please to see that 12 chairs serves it on the weekend.
Since this is not in Israel I was bit suspicious and skeptic it would be good however after the first bite I loved it and immediately ordered another one. They charge $10 for one or $16 for two. I also took the mint lemonade which was great too. Service was super friendly by lovely israeli waitresses that spoke fluent English and Hebrew with everyone.
For desert I took malabi (sweet dessert commonly made with milk or cream and sugar thickened with gelatin) which was perfectly made- sweet but not too sweet
I will go back because this is probably the closest restaurant to Israel in New York City. Next time I'll try other dishes (aside to the jachnun of course)

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank ido8all
Reviewed 24 February 2017

I went to this restaurant with my parents, my daughter, and my nephew, and we all found things we loved on the menu. We love places that offer breakfast all day! And I love fresh salads. My dad loved his schnitzel. My daughter demolished a salmon and cream cheese sandwich. Delightful wines too! Reasonable prices.

Date of visit: February 2017