“Best Place In Town”

Ranked #4,024 of 14,805 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Neighbourhood: Harlem
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

Ive been coming to this place for over 5 years! Best BBQ place in Harlem for sure. The decadent short ribs paired with the bbq chicken is the best! The huge drinks are a plus, you really only ever need 1! 2 if you want a buzz LOL. Cornbread always fresh and warm. Butter melts all over and is just amazing!

Reviewed 2 November 2016

We pulled up and was not impressed with the outside, but it is a hidden jewel. The menu had a variety of things and a great place to eat and watch the game. It was six of us and we all ordered different things and was not disappointed. The portions of food are huge and you definitely get your money's worth.

Reviewed 16 October 2016

I visited Harlem BBQ after a shopping trip in Harlem with a friend and after reading great trip advisor reviews on this place I am so delighted to say that this spot met all expectations! Not only was the ambience great ( the spot was playing great old school tunes and filled with young African American professionals ), the food was amazingly tasty and extremely filling! I had the cornbread with a half chicken and sweet potato fries and my friend had the bbq wings ( which I also sampled ) and I was truly in my element!

The alcohol portions were generous , the waitress was friendly and the food portions were so big that I left with a doggy bag which is always a great sign!

Unfortunately I don’t live in the country ( I am from the UK ) but I am keen to revisit the well priced Harlem BBQ restaurant when next back in New York without fail as it’s great to see establishments like this with such a great vibe, great food and great drinks!

Reviewed 5 October 2016

The first time I went to Harlem BBQ was with my niece Tasha. She recommended the catfish nuggets but I don't usually like to order something I never tried before so I order the fried chicken wings and she ordered the catfish nuggets. When the food came and I tried her catfish nuggets, I was so mad that I didn't order them. They were absolutely delicious. They came with this special dipping sauce that was also good. I tried to eat as many as her nuggets as I could. The chicken wings were good but those catfish nuggets were amazing. They also have delicious drinks. I ordered a Pina Colada with Mango that was also delicious. The next time I went to Harlem BBQ I took my BFF. I told her how delicious the catfish nuggets were but she was just like, being safe and ordered the chicken wings. Needless to say, she tried to eat all of my catfish nuggets. I had to place another order of catfish nuggets and she took her wings home for lunch the next day. So far, everyone that I have taken to BBQ's have loved the fried catfish nuggets. So, if you like fried, boneless fish, definitely give them a try. (Even though the chicken wings are good, they are too big and fatty and the frozen wings from Costco's, thawed out, seasoned up and fried, taste better to me).

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

We ate here before catching a show at the Apollo Theater. The catfish bites and chicken skewers were good. The cornbread was tasty but the collard greens were just okay. The server was attentive but the gratuity was included (for only two people).

1  Thank LadyHeineken