All reviews bagels madison square park flatiron building bathrooms and showers the flat iron building bunk beds variety of fresh fruit basic channels heavy luggage free breakfast budget stay great location new york bring earplugs no elevator third floor safe neighborhood
Reviewed 24 April 2017

We loved this Bed and Breakfast from the word go - the location is excellent with a short walk to 23rd on Lex for the 4 and 6 line.

The bedrooms was very clean, however is rather small which is expected for the price. We didn't have to wait for the bathroom once and every time I went in it was spotless.

I loved that the kitchen was open day and night - it was great to grab a quick coffee in the morning before heading out.

We were there for New Years eve but it was still very quiet, I never struggled to sleep even though I am a light sleeper.

The room did get a little cold but the staff gave us a heater which warmed the room quickly

Price is quite high but a lot lower than anywhere else of the same standard in New York - Overall I would absolutely stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank burnettross
Reviewed 19 March 2017

First, it's a hostel. No maid service, communal baths, small community spaces. Just the basics. Lots of pros, though. It's very, very clean. It's ideally located very close to the 6 (subway line) and lots of restaurants. If you love Indian, you're in luck, because this is right next to Curry Town.

Rooms are very small with a bunk bed and a sink. But it's all very clean and you can just grab extra blankets or towels as you need. They provide hand towels and body towels, but no washcloths, so if you want one of those, bring it with you. The beds are hard. Metal frames with just a single mattress (no box spring) on the frame. You can sleep, but if you're older (as I am), your bones and muscles will feel it. You're also on a typical New York street, so expect bus and car noise. I wore ear plugs and they really helped. It felt safe walking to and fro.

Bring shower shoes, because the showers and toilets are communal. The ones on the second floor are painfully small, but the ones on the third floor are bigger, so you'll probably want to use those.

The kitchen is small, but works. They provide breakfast and there's plenty! The coffee was surprisingly good, though Starbucks is a block away. They leave snacks and pastries and fruit out all day, so you can snack all day, if you choose.

They have a computer/game room, though only one of the computers worked. LOTS of wifi options (stay off 1, it's the weakest; go for American Dream 3 or 5).

Front desk staff is pleasant and helpful, and I actually enjoyed my stay here. Recommend if you're on a budget and don't mind tight spaces that you'll share.

Room Tip: Third floor has the larger toilets and showers. Otherwise, the rooms are essentially similar.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2017

Never tried a hostel in the states, I only did in Europe, but it was a pleasant surprise and was very happy for this choice. A friend of mine recommended it and she was right. Not very far away from the train station, empire state and many other attractions. Very safe, calm, heater was always on, toilets and rooms are very clean. I also did not expect the breakfast to include so many varieties and to be good, even better then hotels. It is not a very luxurious or spacious hostel yet fair. It has a business center if someone would like to work or have access to a computer. Luggage store available, phone chargers, towels, extra pillows and blankets... I love it and recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ghinwa_B
Reviewed 5 January 2017

I stayed here with 8 friends for New Year's in NYC. The hostel was very easy to find and we felt very safe even arriving late at night. The location cannot be beat- we walked to almost everything! The staff was always friendly and helpful and the free breakfast was wonderful! As for the rooms, they are small but impeccably clean! The bathrooms were very nice as well. Excellent wifi!!! I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 December 2016

I stayed here with my daughter and daughter-in-law from Dec. 3-6. This was an excellent place to stay. Very clean. I loved the kitchen and that it was always open. I felt safe here and it had a good vibe. The beds were comfortable and clean. Bathrooms and showers were clean. I will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family