2,974 results
All reviews penn station times square new york evening reception great hotel ceiling fan free breakfast full size fridge stove top fridge freezer rooftop terrace hot breakfast sofa bed small kitchen midtown manhattan bagels madison square garden
Reviewed 17 July 2018 via mobile

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We came for a concert at MSG and sightseeing. This location was walking distance (3 blocks or 5
Min walk) to MSG and a major subway station that can take you uptown to Rockefeller or downtown to Staten Island ferry, Wall Street. The hotel itself had helpful staff, clean rooms, and full kitchen. There’s a great rooftop lounge area with good views of the city life and Hudson River. The only reason I didn’t rate the hotel 5 Stars was the glass shower door was missing the stripping at the bottom, so there was major leaks every time we showered and did not ever see maintenance come by to fix it even though we notified them. I love homewood suites and have stayed at several locations. Always good to know you get exactly what you expect.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Mark T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2018

Dear Rachel P:

I wanted to say thanks for your recent stay here at our hotel! I hope you felt at home. We can’t wait to welcome you home again soon!

Reviewed 17 July 2018

I choose this particular location for its proximity to Madison Square Garden and its great reviews on TripAdvisor. Both lived up to expectations. When I arrived at the hotel, I was greeted by a friendly staff. I knew my room was not ready because I used the digital key option but I was given the opportunity to store my luggage and start my journey around the city. When I returned later in the afternoon my room was still not ready but was offered the same corner room one floor lower. It was perfect. I was given room 1601. It was a 1 KING BED PREMIUM EFF CLEAN AIR STUDIO. I was met with a variety of complimentary beverages and snacks in room and fridge. The room had a full-size fridge, a two burner electric stove, a dishwasher, a full complement of kitchen supplies. This room was ideal for the traveler who is staying an extended time in the city and wanted to prepare his/her meals. Due to an early flight home, I was only able to advantage of their breakfast selection. It is the standard breakfast selection you find at most if not all Hiltons that offer a free breakfast, which I find is more than adequate to start your day. This one had a nice selection of food and a good size dining room.

Location-This hotel is easy to find on W. 37th Street and 8th Avenue. You can easily see the sign from the corner and is extremely helpful if you forget which street it is on. It is only 3-4 blocks from Madison Square Garden. I was lucky enough to purchase tickets to two nights of the Radiohead concert in NYC and this hotel was ideal for it. It was so nice to be able to leave for the concert and be there. I didn't have to take the subway or a taxi. When it comes to the subway, this hotel is ideally located within walking distance of the majority of NYC's subway lines.

Rooftop terrace- After the first concert I decided to utilize the terrace offered. It was ideal after a long day and night in the city. Located on the 22nd floor, I was given the opportunity to relax high above all the noise of the city. The cool breeze of the evening made for a perfect night with a really nice view of the city's skyline.

Overall- Many hotel rooms in NYC can be quite small, but this one was ideal. It was perfect for my needs and well worth every Hilton Honors Point.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear Sean D:

Reviewed 15 July 2018

I highly recommend this place to stay if you're visiting New York. This place makes you feel at home and the staff will treat you like you are their family! Our room was super neat and clean and their complimentary breakfast had lots of variety to select from and the fruits were excellent. We'll definitely stay here again in the future!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
Mark T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Charles G:

Reviewed 12 July 2018

We stayed 4nights at this property divided into 2nights at 2Qn Studio Suite & 2nights at 1 King 1BR Suite. We arrived around 12PM plus and as usual we can't get the room so we hang around in lobby area and surrounding area. The FO guy was ok, not too friendly but not rude either, just ok.

Around 1.30PM the kids start become cranky so I approach FO staff again to asked whether the room is ready.
This time I served by Tiara; FO staff and she is very very helpful and friendly. After checking in the system she apologized and said that the room still in cleaning progress and she will informed me once it's ready and it's should not be long.

So I wait again then after 5-10min I saw that she was looking for us then she walked to us and said this is your room key as i promised 15min ago.
I was very happy and thanked her for her quick action

My reservation was divided into 2 reservation as I can't book 1 room straight for 4nights. For this issue she also very helpful and check every morning to see whether I can stay in the same room for the whole 4nights
The third day in the morning I met her again and she sorry that apparently room is fully booked so I had to change room but she asked me to pack everything and leave our 5big luggages and 3cabin luggages in the room. She'll asked porter to move all of them to the new room

So when we back to the room around 4PM I collect the new key; served by Junior; FO staff. He was also very helpful during our stay. We went to the new room and all my 8 luggages already in the new room without any drama.

The 2 rooms category that I stay is excellent. Quite spacious and clean. It's not luxury but more that adequate for family to stay for more that 1-2 weeks. Homewood suites is not a luxury hotel but also not a basic apartment hotel. It's a normal hotel but its room is more like a small apartment; spacious and equipped with kitchen, full size fridge, microwave etc. They also have big laundromat room in the basement

Location is perfect. It's not in the middle of Times Square but only 10-15min walk to TS. It's surrounded by many restaurants and pizza counter. So food is not an issue.

Overall I very recommend this hotel for family. Also I want to say thank you especially for Tiara. She is truly a very valuable asset for the hotel

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Mark T, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear HeruJakarta,

Thank you for choosing our suites and taking the time to share your thoughts on your experience. It is nice to know we provide an exceptional service and earned a five-circle rating. We are happy you enjoyed the décor of our suites and the top notch service from our staff. We hope we earned your loyalty and we will always be happy to welcome you back the next time you visit NYC.

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Ten of our family members went to NYC for a couple of days and I booked three rooms for us at this hotel. The price was right and the hotel was convenient to the Penn Station subway station. We were not disappointed. The hotel was clean, the staff was terrific, the beds were comfortable and the free breakfast was outstanding.

This trip was my third to NYC in the past several years, the other two were on business at so-called luxury hotels. I'll take Homewood Suites any day-- a real gem.

Room Tip: The studios with a king bed and a pull out are very nice for a family with a young child.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Mark T, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton New York/Midtown Manhattan Times Square-South, NY, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Thank you for such a kind review! I am happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope you will continue to make the Homewood Suites in Midtown Manhattan your home away from home!
Nicolas Rambajue