“Vegan Delight for Everyone”
Review of Peacefood Cafe

Peacefood Cafe
Ranked #1,207 of 15,768 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 14 January 2018

Absolutely loved this place!
We shared the pumpkin cashew quiche (that came with a fruit salad), the wonton soup, vegan burger and fries. All delicious and healthy.

It was highly difficult to choose a dessert from the interesting offering, they all looked very tasty. Finally, we had picked out two: The strawberry cheesecake (made with tofu cream-cheese) and a raw cacao mousse pie with avocado, heavenly!).

The teas and coffee were also very tasty, I definitely recommend it to everyone (no need to be vegan to enjoy this amazing food!)

Reviewed 10 December 2017 via mobile

Loved the chickpea fries...wonderful flavor...must figure out how to make these at home.
Ordered off their brunch menu and had the sweet potato quiche it was paired with a greens salad with fruit. A lot of food and very good. The top layer of the quiche was a little hard to cut without making a mess of the whole piece. I also like a little spice and some hot sauce would’ve been good (they had siracha...not my favorite). Other dishes were the waffles and unchicken and the tofu chorizo scramble also delish!
Service was good and while we walked in and were the only ones there by the time we left every seat was filled.
Only bummed the food was so good and filling, there was no room for dessert, which looked incredible.
Next visit we will be back.

Reviewed 24 November 2017

If you want great vegan food in NY, it's readily available at places like By Chloe and Cinnamon Snail, so I'm honestly not sure how this place stays in business with such bland tasteless food. I ate at the UWS location and had a tempeh sandwich that tasted like cardboard, and their Thanksgiving meal at this 11th street location was just - wow. How do you manage to make bland stuffing? Do you just mix old bread with water and call it a day? Even the cranberry sauce was bland. I could make better at home. Perhaps they've never heard of salt or other seasonings. Last I checked seasonings that go into stuffing like salt, pepper, thyme and sage are vegan - not to mention celery. And for this taste-free fare (dried out vegan 'cutlet', stuffing, cranberry sauce and purple potatoes that - well you might as well eat purple paper I'll leave it at that) I paid over $40. Avoid. And vegans who want to impress your meat eating friends by showing them that vegan food can be tasty - definitely don't bring them here. They will wonder how you survive without being in a constant state of depression.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

My niece is lactose intolerant and I am a vegetarian so a vegan restaurant is a great choice for us. It is just about the only place where we don't have to constantly ask about the ingredients.
We took a chance on Peacefood Cafe and it was great! I had a Vegan Pot Pie and it was delicious - flaky crust and a delicious filling. It came with a kale salad which was very tasty as well. My niece had the un chicken parmesan which we both tried. We would highly recommend it.
They have a great selection of both hot and cold beverages. Their dessert case is a treasure trove for a person who is lactose intolerant and rarely has such a vast selection to choose from. We shared the strawberry cheese cake and it was so good we took a piece home.
There are a large number of tables and the seating is comfortable. There is an especially cozy set of tables in the back next to a lamp and a small table - very homey.
I would highly recommend this place whether you're vegan or not. It's well worth the trip.

Reviewed 9 November 2017

I love this place a lot! Awesome food, cool people, nice prices and VEGAN! Perfect! I love the fact workers are so nice and talk to you and give you lot of free water. This restaurant is my favourite. It is a casual place, but really pretty and chill. The menù has a lot of possibilities.

1  Thank MissLadyAdventurer