“Great location and service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area
Ranked #173 of 464 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I just just took my in-laws to NYC for the first time for the weekend. We couldn't be happier with the location of the hotel and the service we received. Check-in and checkout were quick and hassel free. The rooms were clean and comfortable. The full breakfast was awesome with a wide variety of options, but it does get very crowded in down there so it was difficult to find a seat a time. Overall, it was a great stay. We would definitely recommend it and would stay here for our future trip to Manhattan.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 15 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such a nice review of your stay at our hotel! I am very pleased that you liked our location, and even more pleased that you enjoyed our service. We are focusing on customer service so that we can have the best customer service in the city!! I am very pleased that you liked our newly upgraded breakfast buffet, and found our rooms to be clean and comfortable.

I am very thrilled that you will recommend us and stay with us when you return.

Thank you!

Hunter Angus D. Glass

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2012

Great location, loved the spot for business or play. Rooms typical New York and the service was great from one man in particular. I wish I got his name. Small India/Asian man with classes. Very nice man. I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and I hope that you will choose to stay with us when you return to New York!

Thank you!

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

really very good hotel in the heart of the big apple.
breakfast was substantial, rooms nice and clean, small but isnt every hotel room in NYC.
staff very pleasant and helpful,they helped us out greatly with an early check in in order to attend a wedding,which was much appreciated...
overall you cant go wrong by staying here,good value for money,2 thumbs up..

Room Tip: there is no safes in rooms, only small safety deposit boxes at the reception desk.wont fit a laptop...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and especially our newly expanded Breakfast Buffet. I noticed your Room Tip; we are investigating in-room safes this week and hope to have some installed shortly, thanks to customers like you requesting them. Keep your fingers crossed!

Again, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I hope to see you when you are back in New York.

São Paulo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

This is my third time there as I love the location (a lot of walking-distance options for shopping spree, such as Macy's, Victoria's Secret, GAP, Sephora, etc), free wifi and breakfast. Also, wonderful cookies every afternoon. Half block from Penn Station.
We had a 2 double bed room, very clean, and nice shower. But...I just don't understand why they do not have safety box in the rooms!
There are only 2 elevators, so expect some wait during rush hours (breakfasts and check out times).
One important note: I amended my reservation during my stay ( added an extra night) and the staffer forgot to update my account. After a lot of complaining ( they said hotel was sold-out), and because it was their fault, manager got me another room. But it was an inexcusable mistake, fortunately they've got it right.

2 Thank MBreak
Hunter G, General Manager at Hampton Inn Manhattan - Madison Square Garden Area, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am very sorry to hear that we forgot to extend your reservation. I will meet with my Team and find out how that happened. I am pleased that we were able to correct the situation to your satisfaction in the end. Again, I apologize for the confusion.

Several guests recently have asked for safes in the rooms and I am actually in the process of trying to get them. Hopefully we will get them soon, thank you for the suggestion!

I am glad that you enjoy staying here and we appreciate your repeat business, thank you!

I hope that you will stay with us again.

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I have to say that the customer service was excellent. Also, very close to some good restaurants and also close to the Madison Square Garden. Room size was average, bed was good and most importantly, the room was very clean. Oh and also... important detail... very quiet hotel at night! We like that!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Raynald P
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing this review of your stay with us! I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our clean and quiet rooms.

I hope that when you return to New York that you will decide to stay with us again.