“A New Generation Discovers General Tso Chicken”
Review of Charlie Mom - Sixth Ave - CLOSED

Charlie Mom - Sixth Ave
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 24 August 2015

When I was a student at NYU, I ate at Charlie Mom frequently. During a recent visit back to NYC for some shopping therapy, I brought my sister and 15-year-old niece to introduce them to my favorite dishes—general tso chicken. Initially, my niece was reluctant to try it, given that she usually eats lo mien and fried rice. Once she and my sister tried it, though, they were hooked. In addition, we devoured the chicken fried rice. In fact, when my niece returned home, she refused to eat some leftover fried rice from a local Chinese restaurant. Unfortunately, our hotel didn’t have a refrigerator or microwave for the few leftovers we couldn’t take with us.

1  Thank T H

Reviewed 10 August 2015

A reliable Chinese restaurant with food that will neither disappoint nor excite. The atmosphere is rather sterile and the service is more efficient than charming.

Reviewed 18 June 2015

I took a group of students there for lunch last week and it was awesome! The manager took us on a last minute reservation and him and his staff went above and beyond to ensure an awesome dinning experience! The group ordered everything on the menu from fried crab balls, to the corn soup and sweet and sour pork just to name a few. But my absolute favorite had to be the General Tsao. It was cooked to perfection and spiced just right! Awesome lunch in a great atmosphere... I cant wait to be back!

1  Thank Steve R
Reviewed 26 May 2015

The dining room at the back is an oasis of calm, with its exposed brick walls and large window. I've been coming here for decades and the quality of the food has remained good. It's a great value, especially at lunch, when good-sized platters of veggies and brown rice can be had for less than $9. As noted by another reviewer, solo diners are welcome. This kind of restaurant is increasingly rare in Manhattan and even more so in Greenwich Village.

Reviewed 4 May 2015

By far one of the cleanest Chinese restaurants. Really delicious and tasty food. Definitely you cannot miss the noodles with vegetables and shrimps or the fried brown rice with eggs. Amazing. Good place to eat at anytime. The service was excellent.