“Halloween Parade Finishing Touch”
Review of Charlie Mom - Sixth Ave - CLOSED

Charlie Mom - Sixth Ave
Price range: USD 0 - USD 20
Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood
Dining options: Delivery
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 20 November 2014 via mobile

9:00pm, had lobster Cantonese with friend of 45 years, wife of 15 years and it was delicious. I have travelled over an hour from my home to visit this restaurant. Hands down the best Chinese restaurant in the City. Only thing I wish they had was green tea ice cream. Ribs, mushroom with snap peas and scallion pancakes off the chart delicious.

2  Thank Annjoybecker

Reviewed 3 November 2014

I ate here twice on a visit to NYC in October. There are loads of places to eat--NYC has great Chinese food, and the price of dinner here is fantastic compared to most Greenwich Village area restaurants.

You enter on Sixth Avenue, but the actual dining room windows face 11th Street. Each time i walked to my hotel on 11th Street, I noticed the delicious looking plates and happy diners in the bright room. It was packed on a weekend nights, quieter weekdays of course.
Traveling solo, I also noticed the large number of single diners, including women of all ages. That a place can make single folks welcome is a huge plus for me.

Then, the food!! What a bargain! Fresh and delicious!! I had beef Sa Cha style one night; chicken Sa Cha style another. The beef on stick appetizer is delicious too. Brown rice is available and cooked perfectly, Service was lovely!! This is the first time ever i've received the standard fortune cookies with the bill, then been told, "For your good fortune!" There is a younger ma who is just super pleasant, friendly, and fantastic; an older man who is more business-like but pleasant. the ladies sat the front are happy to see you! I think it is all family members.

I love the classic 1980s "exposed brick" walls and bright cheerful room.

Thank you Charlie Mom for providing two wonderful and bargain price (for NYC!) meals. See you next time!! Please don't change!!!

Reviewed 1 October 2014

We ate here on a Monday evening, when the restaurant was a bit dead. Service was initially brisk, even a bit curt. We had great chicken dumplings and huge main courses with rice, noodles, stir fried beef and sweet and sour chicken. However, it took quite a while to get the staff's attention to pay the bill, which we found very unusual in NYC. We felt like we had been left sitting at a window table as window dressing for passing potential customers.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We were given the name of Charlie Mom from our hotel just because it was close to the hotel. We loved the name. The food was very good! The dumplings (we call them Peking Ravioli here in boston) were delicious. The Moo Shu was excellent. The veggies in the shrimp and asparagus dish were not cut fresh in the restaurant, you could tell because they had that zig zag cut you see in chinese restaurants, but still excellent. I suspect the asparagus was fresh. Service was excellent and the restaurant itself is bright and full of light with light colored furniture, not like most chinese restaurants. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We tried this restaurant after reading a lot of reviews of NYC Chinese restaurants and we are glad we did. We had a wonderful meal with friendly service. We got there around 2:00 and had a lunch special for only $6.95! Great place. We will definitely go there again when we are in NYC.