“Great enjoyable dinner!”

Ranked #4,623 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: East Harlem
Neighbourhood: East Harlem
Reviewed 8 September 2017

So enjoyed our dinner here. We came during happy hour with reduced drinks. This place has a rustic pleasant atmosphere. Our waitress and the manager were friendly and helpful with the menu. The cornbread was so good I had to take the leftovers back to eat later. I had the pulled turkey which included two sides (I chose coleslaw and a house salad). My dinner was a large serving and so liked my dinner I almost ate everything!!! We will be back!!! My husband enjoyed the grilled salmon and my daughter the pulled turkey salad.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

The food is great, the staff is friendly and efficient. We went back a second time. Being in New York, I wanted to do something different every time, but this was worth another dinner.

Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

First time here. Just looking for a BBQ restaurant nearby where we were. We are BBQ experts. Been to Texas, Memphis, KC, St Louis etc etc just for BBQ. Anyway, first thing you should smell in a good BBQ restaurant is the sweet smell of the food wafting in the air from the smoker. Harley's lacked that! Next, the homemade selection of 2 or 3 different BBQ sauces on the table. Not here! Lastly, the brisket needs to be top notch, meaning burnt ends, smoke ring, tender, and tons of flavor. I always judge the restaurant on the brisket. If they do it right, the rest has to be good. This was the worst I've ever had, period. Tough, sweet, sliced paper thin, and fatty. Stay away at all costs from the brisket, flavorless Mac & cheese, and boring fries.
So, it's not all bad. Though small, the ribs were excellent, pulled pork was pretty good and the cornbread was served hot and delicious, and the cooked cabbage side was tasty.

I'm probably not making a trip back here. Too far from home for only a few good items. You want good BBQ, go to Mighty Quinn's. I'll make the trip to go there.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

Harley's was our first meal & restaurant during my 2017 girls trip to NYC. One of the neighbors of the condo we rented suggested we go here. Plus we had a big BBQ junkie in our group. We ordered po boys, chicken wings, fried chicken sandwich, catfish sandwich, catfish tacos & bbq platter plus margaritas (special: $4/ea) & nachos as an appetizer. I got the catfish tacos. Tried to eat it as a taco but couldn't- fish was too big for taco shell. After one bite, the cat fish was eaten in 2.5 seconds, lol. It was delicious!! Nachos was also good but could be better with a change of chips. The cabbage was also delicious; surprising but true. Everyone else in my group liked their meal except for the "bbq connoisseur" she stated "it was just ok". The service & staff was ok could have been a lil more attentive. Long story short, I would recommend it if you are in the area.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 31 March 2017 via mobile

Great place to visit if you are looking for some real american dining. Ribs and briskets were perfect! Nice atmosphere and great service. Pricing quite reasonable with happy hours for drinks on weekdays until late.

Date of visit: March 2017