“Chicken Parm!”

Ranked #5,950 of 14,912 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Little Italy
Description: Established by Anna Silvestri and Family in 1972, Caffe Napoli introduced the sidewalk cafe in Little Italy. What started as a modest cafe serving only coffee and pastry has matured into a full dinning establishment catering to New Yorkers and tourist from across the seas. We invite you to experience New York history in the Heart of Little Italy for over 45 years. Let us host your next private party and/or catered event. Our family can't wait to serve you!
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I've been to this restaurant twice and I was happy both times with the food! There's some great specials during lunch time (although they don't advertise the cheaper ones when the waiter comes to the table). They give you fresh bread and garlic oil when you order and it's soooo good, our waiter kept giving us more and more which was nice! The chicken parm is delicious and worth the price at lunch. The staff are hit or miss but no complaints! Their dessert selection is amazing and well priced. We would go back for another visit.
*We heard a waiter speaking Italian!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

I'm from NY and our friends from the Midwest came to visit for a week and we thought we would end their trip by eating in Little Italy, a staple in NYC.

We wondered around Little Italy to try find a place to eat. We're Italian Americans and speak Italian so we know what we're talking about and even though we said that place was not worth much our friends (from the MIDWEST, so don't know anything about what good food is expect McDonalds) still wanted to go there so we went and our experience was TERRIBLE.

1. No one speak English nor Italian in that restaurant. Our 2 servers did not speak a single word of English or Italian... to find out they are Russians and Mexicans. We asked what kind of parmesan they use and the waiter literally said with a broken english we barely understood: mozzarella, pecorino romano, very good.... Alright, we're ready to leave but our friends still think that place is great.

2. The pasta are supposedly fresh but... SURPRISE they're just your regular pasta you can buy at your local grocery store. Let's talk about the tomato sauce (supposedly homemade...) it was WATER!!

3. When the bill came we were really surprised to see that 2 plates of pasta without meat (yeah we didn't want to be sick...) cost $52. Worst $52 we ever spent.

4. They charge you 18% gratuity and 20% if you are more than 6 so DO NOT TIP!!!

DO NOT STOP THERE UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE. THAT PLACE IS COMPLETE CRAP. JUST READ ALL THE OTHER TRIPADVISOR REVIEW AND BE SMART ABOUT IT.

3  Thank JjL284
Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I went with friends to this restaurant in Little Italy and all of us liked what we ordered. I specially liked the spaghetti with meatballs, but the highlight of the house is the entree of breads and a special olive oil with garlic. Very nice.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We decided to taste italian food in little Italy. We order a pizza and special pasta, who was recommended by the manager. Our surprise was when we saw the bill, 45$ for a pasta dish, so the total was 100$ for a pizza and the special. I would not recommend it to my worst friend. I'll never come back.

2  Thank Juan Carlos F
Reviewed 18 March 2018

This was a good meal with friendly staff and nice atmosphere.
I would definitely say Italian food is slightly different with what we are used in the UK and we felt that the everything was overpriced for what you get!

1  Thank Madalina93