“A Memorable Dining Experience”

Eleven Madison Park
Ranked #188 of 14,811 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Flatiron District
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: N or R to 23rd st. & Broadway, or take the 6 to 23th St. & Park Ave.
Description: Eleven Madison Park is located in a landmark art deco building with soaring 35-foot ceilings and a view of Madison Square Park. We offer an intimate bar featuring 35 wines by the glass as well as seasonal classic and proprietary cocktails. The second floor private dining rooms also feature views of Madison Square Park. For both lunch and dinner, Eleven Madison Park offers a Tasting Menu for $195.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

This is our first time at Eleven Madison Park and they have surpassed our expectation. Read about their accolades and decided to check it out. Voted The World's Best Restaurant 2017 besides many other awards, Chef / Owner Daniel Humm is well deserved. Yes, there are other restaurants that have attained the same status as Eleven Madison Park, it's the uniqueness of each course (7 course Tasting Menu), which makes it stands out. Last but not least, the service is superb and I like to take this opportunity to thank Ms Jane Thompson and Steve for their great hospitality. Also, we love the ambiance and the architecture, located on the ground floor of the original Metropolitan Life Building. Will be back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,283)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The service was impeccable. I love staff who are so competent. They have their one task and they do it well. They are so professional!

Then the food. I loved the white fish dish the most. So simple and yum. I am a bit of a lobster snob. Though this was my first time, I eat a lot of crayfish back which I think is similar in comparison. And I think I prefer my home cooked crayfish. The foie gras was also very tasty. The sides accompanying the main courses were also amazing. Overall, I'm glad I paid for this and the wine pairing. It was a great 3 hour dining experience.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

If this is really the best restaurant in the world is open for debate, for me it is not, but it is for sure a top restaurant: Top location, beautiful interior, very professional and helpful staff and, of course, three michelin star food. The presentation of the food is simple and not very colorful, others at this level of price and quality have more innovative and colorful presentations. Wine list is very interesting and extensive, but expect to pay significantly more than 100 USD on a bottle. This is maybe the reason why during our visit, we were one of the only tables drinking a bottle of wine. Alltogether, expect to spend USD 500 per person - it is worth it, at least once in a lifetime!

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

It was a terrific privilege to get to EMP. We had heard lots about it. From the moment we arrived till the time we left we were very wonderfully served. The first few courses were sublime. The caviar. The foie Gras two ways. The fish the meat. A tour de force.
Enjoyed a 1/2 bottle of Kistler 2014 Russian River and a 2005 Jonata. From the owners of screaming eagle. A real treat!
Would return

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Having dined here many times before, it feels different recently.

It starts once you sit at the table - even when you still decide about your aperitif, the first course is being served (no, not talking about the amuse geule). This rush continues througout the entire dinner.

While the kitchen sends at a high speed, service cannot keep up. After the main course, there was still almost half of the wine bottle left - mainly because we were sitting in front of empty wine glasses way too often. We told a waiter (you have to deal with numerous different waiters in one evening) that we wanted a break and enjoy the wine. What happened? Dessert came out.

All in all it seems that they want to get you through the evening as quickly as possible. Waiters seem busy all the time, but busy talking to other waiters in groups and not caring about customers. Too bad that arrogance starts to creep in here.

Food is still on an ok level, the scallop soup/tea was devine, other courses like the lukewarm duck for main was ok (way too much pepper on it for my taste).

Hint for the restaurant: Replace the cutlery asap, not one knife was sharp !